|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Have to wonder how this will effect the EV aficionados

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 10:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it just me, or has it gotten political in here? (he asks, fanning himself vigorously)

The weird thing is that like it or not, the markets are moving (and always have been) and you can either join the bandwagon or get dragged along, kicking and screaming all you want. But whichever, you, too, are going in that direction. What that direction is, of course, is up to you to figure out.

From where I sit, it looks like battery technology is making great strides, and things are looking solar and wind. No artificial upward pressure is needed to send oil prices upward, the markets are capable of that by themselves, as easy oil becomes more scarce and the cost of production rises. But please feel free to choose your own path and celebrate/bemoan as you wish.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 10:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shelbyfv wrote:

Fox Business? Enough said....[emoticon]

LOL. FOX "news" isn't news per say. They have zero investigative staff members. They are all cut and paste. I know first hand. Most of their editorial has to be scrutinized by lawyers before going on air so they are not sued on a daily basis. The writers have to say "You can't say that. It's not true. We will be sued." They then have to rewrite the article to the satisfaction of lawyers. LOL.

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 10:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What part of you are all wrong, and right at the same time do some of you not understand. Rhagfo's comments re different types of power types are very true. We think initially something is good, then a few years decades later, that type of power source, while and excellent source of power, the after damage is colossal. Here in the NW, the many dams on the Columbia have wiped out too many salmon runs to count! not too mention what it is doing to the local orca pods. Yet it is cheap made electricity!
At the end, one needs to find a balance between waste and procuction, and making sure mother earth is not damaged too.

In the meant time, try to keep this from going personal......or it will not last the day.

Thank you
Marty

92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
00 Chev C2500, V5700, 4L80E, 4.10, base truck, no options!
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Check RV.Net Blogs at: blog.rv.net

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 10:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm going to weigh in on solar. I have an all-electric, 3,000 square foot home. I have no electric bill. I have a plug-in Prius. I will soon have an electric car, replacing the Prius. I have not paid for electricity in over 8 years. PG&E actually owes me money (which I do not care about). I have an 8.2K solar system on my roof. With net metering and grid connectivity, I do not worry about anything. Power outage? I just start my Honda generator I have for camping. My initial investment was $15,000. My return on investment (ROI) was just over 4 years (50 months). I will have saved over $100,000 in electric costs in 25 years (plus any increases of PG&E Costs). My system will last in excess of 40 years. All parts are warrantied for 25 years. Panasonic, the panel manufacture, has been around since 1918, so I do not see them disappearing anytime soon. Enphase, the micro-inverter manufacture, is a worldwide Fortune 500 corporation. There is no maintenance per se. I hook my RV brush to a hose. Climb up my extension ladder and brush off the dust and dirt twice a year. It takes less than 10 minutes. I can monitor each panel separately through my phone or computers. If I ever needed to replace a panel or micro-inverter, it requires removing 4 nuts and unplugging the panel. Yes....it is that simple. 95% of solar panels are recyclable, more than a car.
Solar is here to stay. Electric cars will become the norm. It may take some time, but, it will happen. Somewhere along the line, a newer source of energy will replace solar, hydro, wind, fossil fuels, geo thermal, ect. My guess is hydrogen.

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

shelbyfv wrote:

Fox Business? Enough said....[emoticon]

LOL. FOX "news" isn't news per say. They have zero investigative staff members. They are all cut and paste. I know first hand. Most of their editorial has to be scrutinized by lawyers before going on air so they are not sued on a daily basis. The writers have to say "You can't say that. It's not true. We will be sued." They then have to rewrite the article to the satisfaction of lawyers. LOL.
Yep, most of what I read about the new $2.7 billion lawsuit indicates it has a good chance of success. I expect Fox is wishing they'd paid more attention to their lawyers, had better lawyers or enough common sense to know you can't just make **** up and get away with it forever.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/21 11:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does everything have to be political now? I'm about ready to ditch this forum there's so much of it. This was a decent RV forum! Now it's just another way to promote your political leanings.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

routeforty

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 11:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ohio has already started on extra charges. $100 extra for license plates for hybrid cars and $200 for electric vehicles. The plates for my Camry hybrid cost more than my dually, class c and other car-combined. [emoticon] [emoticon]

2018 coachmen leprechaun class c

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 12:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

routeforty wrote:

Ohio has already started on extra charges. $100 extra for license plates for hybrid cars and $200 for electric vehicles. The plates for my Camry hybrid cost more than my dually, class c and other car-combined. [emoticon] [emoticon]

Be it good or bad, both IMHO
At least here in Wa St, EV and log rigs do not pay fuel tax on fuels used to go down the road. So those folks do not pay into funds for repairs. ASSUMING that is how your jurisdiction like mine gets road repair maintenance funds. The extra being paid to register your EV, should and would be expected by me any how, so I'm contributing my share to said projects.
I realize some may not agree with this, reality is, we all need to pay for this in some way shape or form. The big question becomes how!

Marty

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/07/21 12:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

I'm going to weigh in on solar. I have an all-electric, 3,000 square foot home. I have no electric bill. I have a plug-in Prius. I will soon have an electric car, replacing the Prius. I have not paid for electricity in over 8 years. PG&E actually owes me money (which I do not care about). I have an 8.2K solar system on my roof. With net metering and grid connectivity, I do not worry about anything.

Good for you and a good thing you live in an area that gets @ 270 days of sunshine per year. It may work well in your case, but maybe not so much for someone who lives in Duluth MN or Buffalo NY, especially where return on investment is concerned.

Biden's energy policy is a typical government one size fits all bovine excrement plan, which he intends to force down your throat to appease his base and handlers, enjoy it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Have to wonder how this will effect the EV aficionados
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.