RV.Net Open Roads Forum: West Glacier to Moab in 4 days?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> West Glacier to Moab in 4 days?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Busskipper

Grasonville,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steve,

This Link - https://www.pbase.com/sparker1/root%26view=tree

Will help with decisions as a picture always helps me when deciding where to go and what to SEE.

Link to another post with a lot of info ........- one of my Favorite Spots in the World.

Sorry to be the slap in the face to realize that often less will be More.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

paulj

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some years ago I did roughly the same in 2 1/2 days, from Alberta to Moab. I'd visited Yellowstone the year before, so didn't need to do any sightseeing. This was in 55 mph speed limit days.

It was down I15 to Butte, and another night in Provo, then the diagonal through Price to I70 and down to Moab, gettng to Dead Horse State Park midday.

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/21 10:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Busskipper wrote:

Think if you are following this, that you are seeing, many of us would seriously look at the routing and timing of your trip, Glacier will be better Later - Moab Earlier - Teton's anytime - Yellowstone a long time.

I just had to quote this, you put it so well. I haven't been out there yet, but have studied and researched for a couple of years......

Charles

'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed std cab long bed Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180. SOLD - 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Busskipper

Grasonville,Md/Superior, CO

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CharlesinGA wrote:

Busskipper wrote:

Think if you are following this, that you are seeing, many of us would seriously look at the routing and timing of your trip, Glacier will be better Later - Moab Earlier - Teton's anytime - Yellowstone a long time.

I just had to quote this, you put it so well. I haven't been out there yet, but have studied and researched for a couple of years......

Charles

Charles, Just a FYI - Steve has changed the entire trip and hopefully will repost the final itinerary for all to see.

Any trip is a process - long and involved - when it is the first trip of this type, people are smart to seek the advice of the many who have gone before them. There is no One solution, making this process just a Great Adventure.

Reality is - IMHO - there is no Wrong choice - just many, many options to consider.

The only wrong Choice is to Never Go!

JMHO,

SteveWoz

Simsbury, CT

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Busskipper wrote:

CharlesinGA wrote:

Busskipper wrote:

Charles

Charles, Just a FYI - Steve has changed the entire trip and hopefully will repost the final itinerary for all to see.

Any trip is a process - long and involved - when it is the first trip of this type, people are smart to seek the advice of the many who have gone before them. There is no One solution, making this process just a Great Adventure.

Reality is - IMHO - there is no Wrong choice - just many, many options to consider.

The only wrong Choice is to Never Go!

JMHO,

Yes, I've been working at the rerouted trip for several hours now, with Bill's very kind and extremely knowledgeable advice. I'll definitely post it when it's finished, but know at this point that I omitted the Glacier part entirely and will do it at some point in the next year or two.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> West Glacier to Moab in 4 days?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.