|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> RV Ski Trips

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been thinking about this for years. Was finally going to plan a few trips this winter to PA resorts and ended up having a major repair done to the RV that killed the whole winter (it's still not back). That said, I can tell you specifically that Blue Mountain has a dedicated lot but you do need a permit and they charge for it. Weird since it's the only thing they use that lot for and it is just a gravel lot. Elk also gave me permission. Not sure about the others in PA. Can't imagine where you would park at Camel Back or a few others. Guess it depends on the specific resort. So my suggestion is to do what I did and contact them before going to make sure you are permitted and to find out the details. We intend to do this at least a handful of times next season at this point.

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/21 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are TCs and Bs and an occasional A parked every morning when I show up to ski. It would be kinda handy since lodges and locker rooms are now off limits(at least to me) to rest and eat. I would suspect they are dry working off water jugs and porta potties since it's often near zero F or below.

mileshuff

Phoenix, AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I cannot imagine towing my trailer on snow packed highways and smaller mountain ski roads. I have always owned 4x4's and driven extensively in the worst of snowy conditions but I wouldn't want to tow in that.

2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> RV Ski Trips
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.