|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> New satellite dish

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If this is considered an ad I am sorry and just delete this post.

I have been looking at what my TV service options are for my RV and have learned a lot about customer service from DTV, Dish, Winegard and King. I almost purchased a new dish but wanted to look at something on youtube when I saw the video for the SAT 2.5. It is a regular sized dish on a tripod but it self aligns.

Reason I post here is, has anyone seen these? If so any information you have, price, where made?

I do not want to pitch these here like a sales person so you will need to look it up on youtube.

I am very interested

JimR

Lwiddis

Quartzsite, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not an advertisement in any way. An honest request for TV option opinions.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/21 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Link: TV Sat 2.5 Portable Satellite Antenna

Too bad they don't list a website with more information. Without emailing or calling them, I'm guessing the price is about $1200 based on them saying it's less than half the $2500 they quote for the Trav'ler. That's a few hundred cheaper than the Winegard Trav'ler actual selling price and has the added advantage of portability.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep I agree I was going to email them but wanted to see if anybody had one. The guy is wearing a Direct TV shirt assuming he has a shop somewhere or installs.

JimR

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dish TV has a dish with two receiver connections. It can be mounted on the RV or used as a portable. It is HD.

Why would I want to put all the parts together when I can have a dome and two Wally for about $450. His product appears to cost over$1000.

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/21 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

Dish TV has a dish with two receiver connections. It can be mounted on the RV or used as a portable. It is HD.

Why would I want to put all the parts together when I can have a dome and two Wally for about $450. His product appears to cost over$1000.

So you can watch two TVs at the same time on not only different channels but different satellites. Also with Dish with two Wallys seems to be a little quirky and you can watch two TVs but only on the same Satellite.

JimR

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/21 01:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the point?

By the time you spend the time and effort to set up a dish on a tripod that automatically aims itself to different birds, why wouldn't you just set up a 3 LNB dish such as a Dish 1000.2 or better yet a 1000.4 if you can find one, on a tripod, and manually align it one time? The same amount of work and effort and hits all 3 birds used at the same time for less than $150.

Then it's just a matter of having the correct wiring inside the RV to use whichever recievers you care to.

The video looks like a couple of geezers in some retirement RV park decided to invent the better mouse trap. It's not as major a project to align a 3 LNB dish as the guy claims, but he is trying to sell an overpriced pile of equipment.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/21 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

What is the point?

By the time you spend the time and effort to set up a dish on a tripod that automatically aims itself to different birds, why wouldn't you just set up a 3 LNB dish such as a Dish 1000.2 or better yet a 1000.4 if you can find one, on a tripod, and manually align it one time? The same amount of work and effort and hits all 3 birds used at the same time for less than $150.

Then it's just a matter of having the correct wiring inside the RV to use whichever recievers you care to.

The video looks like a couple of geezers in some retirement RV park decided to invent the better mouse trap. It's not as major a project to align a 3 LNB dish as the guy claims, but he is trying to sell an overpriced pile of equipment.

That is not a single LNB antenna that has to move between different satellites for different channels like a dome is required to do. The antenna shown is a triple LNB setup for DISH or DirecTV (pick one) that automatically aligns the antenna to reception of all 3 simultaneously.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/21 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry but it just doesn't appear to be a better mouse trap.

2oldman

So Cal

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/21 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The tripod looks flimsy and easily blown over in wind. It's not just about aiming it, it's keeping it aimed. Get a better one.

The DTV setup shows only one tuner. Not sure what's going on there.

* This post was edited 02/10/21 07:43am by 2oldman *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> New satellite dish
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.