RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Low Of 1 Degree!!!

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

 > Low Of 1 Degree!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/16/21 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

How are you holding up?

We are down in the RGV and been without power since yesterday morning but we've got enough propane and the generator is running. Plus it's probably not quite as cold as up where you are.


well were holding up all right. I had a great plan of attack but all got thrown out the window when I went to dump the black tank it had already frozen solid so I tried to dump some really hot water down the top and start to thaw the bottom as well and now I just added to the ice cube and its completely full. so I'm worried about the condition of it I don't see any leaks or ice sickles down there so I don't think that it ruptured but I'm not 100% sure. I reaaaaaaaaly don't want to have to deal with that mess, so here's to hoping. also we have ice everywhere in the rig, on all the windows and a lot of the corners of the floor and wall. so imp worried about mold in the future. but I think there would need to be a more of an abundance of water than that to really have that affect on mold. but everyone is fine and the snow here is absolutely gorgeous so silver linings. are you in Texas or was your state already prepared for something like this;

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/16/21 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cmccain13 wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

How are you holding up?

We are down in the RGV and been without power since yesterday morning but we've got enough propane and the generator is running. Plus it's probably not quite as cold as up where you are.


well were holding up all right. I had a great plan of attack but all got thrown out the window when I went to dump the black tank it had already frozen solid so I tried to dump some really hot water down the top and start to thaw the bottom as well and now I just added to the ice cube and its completely full. so I'm worried about the condition of it I don't see any leaks or ice sickles down there so I don't think that it ruptured but I'm not 100% sure. I reaaaaaaaaly don't want to have to deal with that mess, so here's to hoping. also we have ice everywhere in the rig, on all the windows and a lot of the corners of the floor and wall. so imp worried about mold in the future. but I think there would need to be a more of an abundance of water than that to really have that affect on mold. but everyone is fine and the snow here is absolutely gorgeous so silver linings. are you in Texas or was your state already prepared for something like this;


Going to be tough to assess until it thaws. Hopefully no major damage.

We are in the Rio Grande Valley at the moment and it's a total cluster around here. Low 20's at night and they closed the freeway, power out, hunger games to get gas or propane. Back home in Michigan, it would be a non-event. Daytime is getting above freezing, so we just left the waste tanks open. We are having to run the generator as the power is out but otherwise no major concerns.


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV


Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/17/21 08:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Cmccain13 wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

How are you holding up?

We are down in the RGV and been without power since yesterday morning but we've got enough propane and the generator is running. Plus it's probably not quite as cold as up where you are.


well were holding up all right. I had a great plan of attack but all got thrown out the window when I went to dump the black tank it had already frozen solid so I tried to dump some really hot water down the top and start to thaw the bottom as well and now I just added to the ice cube and its completely full. so I'm worried about the condition of it I don't see any leaks or ice sickles down there so I don't think that it ruptured but I'm not 100% sure. I reaaaaaaaaly don't want to have to deal with that mess, so here's to hoping. also we have ice everywhere in the rig, on all the windows and a lot of the corners of the floor and wall. so imp worried about mold in the future. but I think there would need to be a more of an abundance of water than that to really have that affect on mold. but everyone is fine and the snow here is absolutely gorgeous so silver linings. are you in Texas or was your state already prepared for something like this;


Going to be tough to assess until it thaws. Hopefully no major damage.

We are in the Rio Grande Valley at the moment and it's a total cluster around here. Low 20's at night and they closed the freeway, power out, hunger games to get gas or propane. Back home in Michigan, it would be a non-event. Daytime is getting above freezing, so we just left the waste tanks open. We are having to run the generator as the power is out but otherwise no major concerns.


Good to hear but man that gas and propane situation is a bummer. luckily I filled up on Friday and at our current rate I will be good until mid next week before ill need again. its finally out of the single digits up here near DFW so by tomorrow i think we will get some above freezing temperatures. my tanks actually hang out in the open under the rig and i think thats where i went wrong. the wind was just ripping though underneath and i though i had more time than i did to dump before the deep freeze.

hl remington

N.E.AR.

Full Member

Joined: 01/05/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/17/21 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why not winterzie camper, cant take more than 15-20 min.

HL

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 02/18/21 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hl remington wrote:

Why not winterzie camper, cant take more than 15-20 min.

HL


A little late now.

Also if the OP was staying in the RV, tough to do it for a week with no water.

Cmccain13

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/28/2020

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/18/21 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hl remington wrote:

Why not winterzie camper, cant take more than 15-20 min.

HL


Well i live in it full time. but i had planned on doing that (well semi winterizing) and when i went to drain the black tank it had already frozen solid.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

 > Low Of 1 Degree!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.