RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/21 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

Side effects , we got our second Moderna , when we got home we had a flat on our trailer and dogs had dug up some of my wives plants . Other than that all is well for nine days .

LOL! Life just goes on, doesn't it?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/21 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'll may want to check on your country health centers.

There are several states announcing moving to next priority of ages 65 and above -- regardless of health conditions.

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida has been 65 and older for a while. When you apply on line you are asked your age and if you are a resident of Florida. I am 61 and high risk so my doctor approved me for the vaccine at the hospital. After checking the hospital's web site for 2 weeks a bunch of appointment slots opened up. So, I got my first Moderna shot today. I was in and out in 20 minutes. It would have been faster but they made me wait 15 minuets before they would let me leave. My arm is sore but that is ok with me.

Each state is operated by the states government differently. Florida is now starting to vaccinate 55 and older with qualifying conditions.

* This post was edited 02/25/21 09:22am by miltvill *

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 07:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got my 1st Modena Vaccine this morning.....
The Local VA Community Based Outpatient Clinic has been slowly moving thru the AZ priority list....
They are now doing 1B but due to my multiple surgeries and another one planned my VA Doc 'opted me in'...got a call yesterday to show up at 11:30 today

They were doing groups of 7 every every 30 minutes....question you/temp check then into a large room where we were all separated. VA Doc made presentation about the Modena Vaccine, side affects, expectations then Nurse came around and gave the shots. then we were moved to another waiting area for 15 minutes to make sure no one had any immediate side affects....while cleaning group sanitized the other room.

We were given our 'Immunization Card' with the date/Modena Lot number used and appointment date for 2nd shot....1 month out

Nicely done...well organized

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

salem

Central Valley, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/21 09:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I both had sore arms after the first shot. (Moderna) Got the 2nd shot on a Friday, four weeks later. On Saturday both of us just pretty much laid around all day. Took naps. Nothing major, just blah feeling. Next day felt perfectly normal. Certainly nothing compared to being on a ventilator in a hospital ICU with no visitors allowed. Good friends had same results as us. Nothing major.

* This post was edited 02/24/21 10:05pm by salem *

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/21 10:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've noticed here in TX that there are people from the 1st groups that haven't received their vaccines, because NONE are being supplied to the rural areas. Meantime the eligibility rules have made 2 more groups eligible, but still NO VACCINES. Everything is going to the large cities. This county has 20,000 residents and has received 200 doses, and that was in early December.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other half got her 1st shot Monday. Tuesday arm was sore.Wednesday sore and swelling. Doctor appointment today. As of now she is not going for 2nd.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

Other half got her 1st shot Monday. Tuesday arm was sore.Wednesday sore and swelling. Doctor appointment today. As of now she is not going for 2nd.

Have her check with her doctor before making a final decision. I got a Prevnar 13 vaccination last November and had the same, pain, swelling and also had a migraine for two days post vx. These are considered "minor" reactions and are expected. What it means is that your body is responding and creating an immune reaction. This reaction is better than getting COVID.

BTW, we're due for our second next Wed, Pfizer variety.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (15 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 5 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 07:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

jetboater454 wrote:

Have her check with her doctor before making a final decision. I got a Prevnar 13 vaccination last November and had the same, pain, swelling and also had a migraine for two days post vx. These are considered "minor" reactions and are expected. What it means is that your body is responding and creating an immune reaction. This reaction is better than getting COVID.

BTW, we're due for our second next Wed, Pfizer variety.

Am reading with interest all posts about body reactions to Covid vaccines here.

I would sometimes get a one-day flu symptoms just for my flu shots.

So I anticipate the worst, also a one-day kiccked-by-a-mule flu symptoms for my 2nd Moderna job -- like the doctor featured in a video I've watched.

Campinghoss@51

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife and I both got our 1st Moderna shot today. As of this thread neither of us can tell it. Now with that being said we may have sore arms tomorrow but this shot did not bother me like my pneumonia booster shot did on the 20th of January. My arm felt like it was going to drop off!!!

But I had rather have some discomfort today than hooked up to a ventilator later on.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.