RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 32  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
sljohnson1938

Mount Airy, NC - USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

both wife and i had our first shot today. so far no problems.

1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinghoss@51 wrote:

Wife and I both got our 1st Moderna shot today. As of this thread neither of us can tell it. Now with that being said we may have sore arms tomorrow but this shot did not bother me like my pneumonia booster shot did on the 20th of January. My arm felt like it was going to drop off!!!

But I had rather have some discomfort today than hooked up to a ventilator later on.

Yup, got 3 brother in-laws that died.

One was a pilot who flew to Vietnam in the first onset of Covid before even getting the notice from the airlines of the needed protocol and alerts.

A younger brother also got it and hospitalized and still recovering after a month. Another is a bible study friend who still have lingering symptoms who nearly died.

Oh yeah, any side effects reported so far is better than any of the above.

Hopefully, we're 80% protected by tomorrow, or 14 days after our first dose of Moderna vaccine.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Other than a slightly sore arm for a day, my spouse and I have had no reactions.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderator wrote:

Other than a slightly sore arm for a day, my spouse and I have had no reactions.

1st or 2nd dose?

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

both, everyone may react differently. We need to be careful not to draw broad conclusions.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It might be too early for celebration, but it seems we have a good batting average for mild side effects around here even for the 2nd dose.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 09:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's all ahead of me. Problems with wheelchair access in San Diego. It was in the NTC 56 years ago that we received pneumatic vaccinations en mass. And then Australian vaccines in southeast asia. NOTHING could hurt my arm as bad as that. The Navy gave us shots while we had the flu. I ended up in sick bay on an I.V.

But I need to cool my heels after getting jabbed. I have ended up on an exam table down here with mysterious bouts of anaphalactic shock. Beet red. Wheezing and rapid recovery after administration of ephinepherine IV.

México. A billion words. No jabs. SPUTNIK. SINOVAC. The poupurri is scary. I'm going north.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well....doctor not sure of why she is having that reaction.Still sore and swollen,hard spot about the size of a golf ball. Told to not take any aspirin.

On a side note,2 people at where I haul chicken out of had their shots at clinic at work,they went home at lunch.One had very little control of her arm it was so sore.Her daughter is our dispatcher.

I know of about 30 people that had the shots,some already weeks past there second and no reactions at all.

Other half is 70,lady at work is late 50's. Both had shots same day,but 2 different locations.[emoticon]

No fever,just pain,sore and swelling.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now with that being said we may have sore arms tomorrow but this shot did not bother me like my pneumonia booster shot did on the 20th of January. My arm felt like it was going to drop off!!!

Pneumonia shot was the WORST shot I've ever had! I couldn't move my arm for a week! It was worse even that the tetanus shots I got as a kid in the 60s and 70s. The COVID vaccine was nothing-never even felt the needle.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 06:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got my 1st dose scheduled for March 1st; I’m waiting for the confirmation email from Walgreens and my employer letter indicating I am eligible for vaccination (Phase 1C, essential manufacturing/lab workers).

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 32  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.