RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 32  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/21 12:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the mood at vaccination clinics - I overhead the pharmacist at the Publix where we got our shots (had #2 today) say that he had never seen so many grateful, happy people in all the years he's been working :-)

Count Ed and I as those folks :-)

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/21 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Regarding the mood at vaccination clinics - I overhead the pharmacist at the Publix where we got our shots (had #2 today) say that he had never seen so many grateful, happy people in all the years he's been working :-)

Count Ed and I as those folks :-)

True dat!

I have to stop DW when I told her she is embarrassing the pharmacist, lol.

Well, we are truly grateful as we are not in the priority list yet and we just took our chances -- and the fact that we need not have that follow up call. They call us to come in and got the express lane of 30 minutes and out -- faster if not the post-vaccination observations for adverse reactions.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/21 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It took a few weeks to get the first appointment, but we finally succeeded. THEN, yesterday my wife and I received our first Moderna shot, PLUS an appointment for our second shot. I didn't feel a thing, and still NOT feeling not even any soreness. OTOH my wife is feeling some mild soreness in the area of the shot. We're exuberant.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well....finally SHE got an appointment for 1st shot this Saturday and 2nd shot 3 weeks later....CVS
(have to drive to Surprise cause CVS not doing it and can't get appointment with Walgreens in this cow town)

By end of March we will Both have had the 2nd shot

My is Moderna and HERs will be the Pfizer
We'll see how SHE reacts

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

It took a few weeks to get the first appointment, but we finally succeeded. THEN, yesterday my wife and I received our first Moderna shot, PLUS an appointment for our second shot. I didn't feel a thing, and still NOT feeling not even any soreness. OTOH my wife is feeling some mild soreness in the area of the shot. We're exuberant.

Lucky you squeak by. Texas has been reported to have the slowest vaccination rates in the country.

And just in time to the governor lifting the mask mandate.

Popovich Slams Texas Governor Lifting Mask Mandate

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I'm almost 24 hrs post-second-Moderna-shot. So far, I've got an elevated temp of 99 degrees; and some achiness, but that could also be my arthritis speaking up since I didn't take my usual Aleve last night, not wanting to interfere with the vaccine working its magic. I'm just letting my body dictate what we do: so far, napping has been a priority...LOL! Ed has noticed nothing - part of me wonders if his normal gerbil-like intake of water has slowed any reactions; or if he's just going to be one of the lucky ones who has no reaction.

I'm so grateful for the speed and efficacy of these vaccines!!
Deb

dturm

Lake County, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're about 2 hours post second Pfizer shot. I'll let you all know if there are any reactions.

I don't really understand the recommendation to not pre-treat with nsaids yet OK to treat post VX. You'll have anti-inflammatory effects either way. I need someone to explain how taking them before hand is really any different and somehow blunts the immune response.

Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (12 year old Terrier of some sort), Sasha 3 yr old Golden
Kaiya at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV

Check out blog.rv.net

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Well, I'm almost 24 hrs post-second-Moderna-shot. So far, I've got an elevated temp of 99 degrees; and some achiness, but that could also be my arthritis speaking up since I didn't take my usual Aleve last night, not wanting to interfere with the vaccine working its magic. I'm just letting my body dictate what we do: so far, napping has been a priority...LOL! Ed has noticed nothing - part of me wonders if his normal gerbil-like intake of water has slowed any reactions; or if he's just going to be one of the lucky ones who has no reaction.

I'm so grateful for the speed and efficacy of these vaccines!!
Deb

I wouldn't say lucky, but I read medical experts saying, those are evidences of your body immune system getting a drill or training to be ready against the virus.

And getting the kicked-by-a-mule full flu like episode on the 2nd dose is the body equivalent of a full invasion war game.[emoticon]

Deb and Ed M

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

We're about 2 hours post second Pfizer shot. I'll let you all know if there are any reactions.

I don't really understand the recommendation to not pre-treat with nsaids yet OK to treat post VX. You'll have anti-inflammatory effects either way. I need someone to explain how taking them before hand is really any different and somehow blunts the immune response.

Yesterday I finally felt "blah" (good medical term...LOL!) enough by 3PM to take a Tylenol. Napped for a couple of hours and felt MUCH better. Woke up this morning after a good night's sleep, ready to conquer the world!! Ed never had any effects except for a bit of soreness at the injection site.

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW and I got our first shot of Moderna vaccine last weekend. Both had tender arms, but that's a small price to pay. I've had a friend in his 40s die of COVID, and professional colleagues (one whose wife is currently in ICU, though just on oxygen, not a ventilator, thank goodness) who've spent time in the ICU. All the side effects noted here are tiny, tiny potatoes compared to the possible consequences of catching this virus.

Unlike some naysayers claim, this ain't no "mere flu." What's more, it seems that it is possible to catch it twice, and the second bout seems to be even worse than the first.

I'm looking forward to the second shot at the end of the month, and I don't care if it makes me feel off for a day or so.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 32  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.