RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ivbinconned

highway 16

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The moderator posted this in March of 2020.
“Therefore, we are requesting any future posts related in any way to the Virus be made in this thread and this thread only. We are closing any other Virus related threads in ATC. ”

Why is this thread allowed to go on?
Should it not be included in the designated thread?

Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/21 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This thread will continue, at least for a while, as it focuses on 'personal experiences with the vaccinations' and the other focuses on latest reliable technical/medical research, etc. It is in the correct place.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/21 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covetsthesun wrote:

Waiting for 2nd Moderna... I soooo would love to sit down at a nice table and have something that doesn't come with fries. Live fries...but a nice Greek or Italian restaurant... it's a fantasy.

I had Moderna #2 about 10 days ago - today I was introduced to my neighbor's new boyfriend, and I shook his hand (and didn't even flinch). There were so many times in this last year I would have a tiny moment of terror because I walked too close to a stranger or wondered if my mask was actually protecting me - I'm glad to feel free of those moments. I still wear a mask/sanitize/wash/distance.... but I feel pretty bulletproof at the moment :-)

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I took one for the team seeing that you all had a wonderful experience or milder side effects) with the 2nd dose.

But as I said before, I sort of anticipated this as my yearly flu shots would at times give me the one-day mild flu side effects.

Had our 2nd dose of Moderna last Friday and had the usual sore spot on the injection site and even a surprising symphathetic pain on the other shoulder, lol. By the afternoon, my body is already feeling heavy that I went to bed and slept -- a common symptoms for me if I'm coming up with something.

By the evening it the kick-by-the-mule hit big time. Low grade fever, head aches, body pains all over (sometimes spotty, sometime simultaneous at the back, on the knee at the base of the foot...).

The worst of all, restless sleep and nightmares. And my nightmare is my version of hell, doing frustrating routine, repetitive boring work -- this particular nightmare is complete with conspiracy theory that I'm stuffing chips on these narrow hypodermic tubes as part of the one-world domination.[emoticon][emoticon]

And then, I tried to stay awake (I can do that for a whole evening by reading), to prevent the nightmares but I kept falling asleep and repeating the nightmares..

It might me true about man and wives being one after long marriage (converted gradually genetically as our blood works are now showing similar risk factors) as DW got it too but hers is one and a half day.

I think it's funny now but I pray none of you will have this on your 2nd dose.

And more fervent, that none of you will experience my brother's near death hospitalization of the feeling of drowning every time he tries to catch his breath. Then the wife, one of his kids getting it and two of his uncle-in-laws actually losing their lives when his in-law's family, mostly politically Covid skeptics, went into a super-spreader get together event and paid dearly for it.

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/21 10:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Crowe wrote:

Funny thing is the paper they gave me..."Your Insurance Saved You: $2,59"

Now that's a classic! I lost my initial shot card so now I'm scrambling with the state to get a replacement before my next shot on the 23rd. BIL & SIL got their first Moderna shots and had no reaction.

They suggested that I take a photo of mine, which I did. Still the physical card probably will have to be provided sometimes. I wish they would have made the card credit card size, it's a little difficult putting it in a wallet.

When they initially handed me my card they told me to take a photo of it because if I lose it, it can't be replaced. At least in my state. Once I get the second shot I'm going to scan it as well.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/21 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LJAZ wrote:

dturm wrote:

Crowe wrote:

Now that's a classic! I lost my initial shot card so now I'm scrambling with the state to get a replacement before my next shot on the 23rd. BIL & SIL got their first Moderna shots and had no reaction.

They suggested that I take a photo of mine, which I did. Still the physical card probably will have to be provided sometimes. I wish they would have made the card credit card size, it's a little difficult putting it in a wallet.

When they initially handed me my card they told me to take a photo of it because if I lose it, it can't be replaced. At least in my state. Once I get the second shot I'm going to scan it as well.

Doc told us....'Guard this card. It is more important then your SS Card'
**My Local VA Clinic has it on file and anyone else getting their Vaccines thru the VA it is recorded in your file

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/21 11:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam I sure hope you are doing better now!!! Wow!

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/21 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

covetsthesun wrote:

Yosemite Sam I sure hope you are doing better now!!! Wow!

Thanks and wish you well and safe to!

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/21 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My fever dreams seem intent on making me feel enraged and helpless. "They" recommend against it but "they" do not have a heartbeat that can roar to 180
So I am going to go against advice and take acetaminophen an hour before I get jabbed. Also, a suppressant that will maintain my heart (pulse) via my A/V pacemaker.
I refuse to believe that the jab itself could hurt any worse than the hydraulic injections I got before shipping off to Southeast Asia 55-years ago. That one had us bent over double clutching our arms.

My ride north is versed in detecting my anaphylactic shock symptoms as he has witnessed one. Luckily I respond fast to medicine, but it has to be administered via IV.

I have friends who are startled when they learn I am willingly going to go for the vaccination.

My reply is simple. The virus will kill me, while the shock is treatable and symptoms vanish in the mist. From itching, and gasping for air to symptom free in 15-minutes. I can hope I fear much only to experience little.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/21 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LJAZ wrote:

dturm wrote:

Crowe wrote:

I actually found it today. I was looking for something else and it was in a drawer for safe-keeping.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.