RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/21 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

Wife & I got our 1st Moderno a week ago and just a sore arm for about a day.
FYI on a side effect of the Phizer. My SiL had her 1st & broke out wit a mild case of shingles and a week ago while camping on the coast in Freeport had a camp nieghbor that after the 1st Phizer , he broke out in a bad case of shingles.

That is interesting on the Pfizer shot, I received both Pfizer shots, first one sore arm for 1.5 days and the second shot nothing. Wife’s first shot sore arm for 1 day, second shot on Thursday. We were both vaccinated for shingles several years ago, so no shingles.
I regards to shingles, use a product called Shingles Rescue, found in health food stores, it is very effective.

LJAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/21 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

A question for all who have received a vaccine. Have any of you registered on the CDC VSafe tool to report vaccine side effects? Since we are all crash test dummies for the vaccines, reporting side effects no matter how minor is useful to the government and the manufacturers.

Yes I did. When I got my first shot I was handed a sheet that described VSafe with instructions on how to sign up. I signed up on my phone during the 15 minute waiting period.

For the first week after the shot they sent a text daily with a few questions asking how I felt or if I had any of a number of symptoms. After that it's once a week for 3 weeks. It also sent a reminder to sign up for the next shot when it was due, After shot #2 it starts all over again. You can also opt out at any time.

Technically these vaccines aren't yet approved, they are authorized for emergency use, so the more data they have the better.

2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

Campinghoss@51

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/28/21 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DW is back to normal today. Her back is a little sore from the aching yesterday but other than that all is good. I am glad we got this over with as we will soon be travelling for a few months.
Safe travels everyone.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/21 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinghoss@51 wrote:

DW is back to normal today. Her back is a little sore from the aching yesterday but other than that all is good. I am glad we got this over with as we will soon be travelling for a few months.
Safe travels everyone.
Glad to hear it! My 2nd dose is tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, Covid arrived faster for my daughter and her family in Northern Michigan, than the vaccine did :-( Eldest granddaughter (currently a student-teacher) brought it home, then Dad, then Mom got it. Younger son is either asymptomatic, or managed to avoid it? My daughter (late 40's), 2 weeks later, is feeling better, but still has no sense of taste or smell.

What ever side effects come from the vaccine - they still beat actually getting Covid :-(

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

Well, Covid arrived faster for my daughter and her family in Northern Michigan, than the vaccine did :-( Eldest granddaughter (currently a student-teacher) brought it home, then Dad, then Mom got it. Younger son is either asymptomatic, or managed to avoid it? My daughter (late 40's), 2 weeks later, is feeling better, but still has no sense of taste or smell.

What ever side effects come from the vaccine - they still beat actually getting Covid :-(

I hope they all recover.

Indeed, my brother will agree. It's the worst thing that happened to him (two of his political denier uncle-in-laws actually died in their reckless and thoughtless science-skeptic super spreader event of aa family get together). His son (asymptomatic) and his wife got it too.

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/29/21 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wife (56) and I (60) have both gotten a 1st round of Pfizer.
I had zero side effects, the wife had a bout with rapid heart beat and hot flashes but for minimal duration.

Side note:
Walked in hospital UNREGISTERED and had a shot inside of 5 minutes.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 12:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are hearing good news and high chances for walk-in. Must be an offshoot of the administration hitting new vaccination numbers at 3.5 million a day.

Our own state will open up for everyone this April 5 and some states are already doing that.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 12:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I discovered why those in Medicare has a more painful vaccination experiences.

The provider (pharmacy) bills for $35, Medicare pays only $17.25.

Joke, no need to twist your panties over this. We need the laugher, there are still reckless and thoughtless people out there pulling the country down with them in the race against Covid and causing pockets of spikes in cases.

Be safe as we plan to resume our camping plans.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/21 12:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Covid Vaccine Found Effective In Real World

More good news: Vaccines in real life study found it 95% effective.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.