RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rommroma557 wrote:

I'm already waiting for my vaccine. My family doesn't want to be vaccinated but I'm really worried about my health. Last year I was so scared that I rarely went to the store or just for a work. I was very afraid of getting sick and was looking for ways to improve my immunity. On Canada Drugs I read that you need to exercise regularly, take vitamins, sleep healthily and eat more foods and vegetables. Then I felt more confident but still I think it's better to get vaccinated

Take care of yourself, your family will just have to deal with their choice. You are doing the right thing for yourself your family and the world!

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/21 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rommroma557 wrote:

I read that you need to exercise regularly, take vitamins, sleep healthily and eat more foods and vegetables. Then I felt more confident but still I think it's better to get vaccinated

Good for you! There's still so much that's not known abut the long-term effects of getting Covid. Just like Chickenpox was no big deal when we were kids - in our later years it can re-emerge as Shingles (which I have gratefully been vaccinated for).

I know that here in Michigan, if high school or college athletes got Covid, they needed to be checked for heart damage before they could return to sports - so clearly the strong/healthy young folks could be suffering fairly-scary side effects, even if their sickness from Covid was mild.

My husband just read that "Herd Immunity" (at least in the US) is probably never going to happen. A simple vaccination can ease a LOT of worries.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 05/03/21 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ran into my neighbor at the Handi Way , he was buying a $65 carton of cigarettes . He sez he ain't getting no Vaccination cause he is not gonna put something strange in his body .

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/21 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

My husband just read that "Herd Immunity" (at least in the US) is probably never going to happen. A simple vaccination can ease a LOT of worries.

This is sad and potentially disastrous.

With vaccination available to everyone above 16, I'm almost certain that new cases will be those of who are unvaccinated.

Disastrous for us all as they could be host for new vaccine resistant variants..

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/03/21 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

I ran into my neighbor at the Handi Way , he was buying a $65 carton of cigarettes . He sez he ain't getting no Vaccination cause he is not gonna put something strange in his body .

You could have shown him the bulge in your arm to show where the chip was planted.[emoticon]

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/04/21 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just one small observation. I was in the USA yesterday. I picked up my Rx load from the WalMart pharmacy. Alongside the pharmacy counters was a lone door with spaced folding chairs outside. I noticed a sign.

15 MINUTE WAIT OBLIGATORY

Curiosity shot up. Posted on the door a sign read. COVID INOCUATIONS DROP IN NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. FREE. NO COST.

1800 hours not a person to be seen.

Wish I hadn't got the Chinese jab.

WalMart Saturn Blvd Imperial Beach CA.
Near San Diego.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Massachusetts is now doing drop-in shots at Wal-Mart. At this point in time I think it's the way to go. For some people the less time they have to think about something they are afraid to do the better. Some will just respond on a whim.

Although we may not reach herd immunity the "experts" are saying as time goes on COVID will be able to be managed much like a regular flu as they expect any new cases after a certain point will be mild.

That said, herd immunity is still our best option.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Just one small observation. I was in the USA yesterday. I picked up my Rx load from the WalMart pharmacy. Alongside the pharmacy counters was a lone door with spaced folding chairs outside. I noticed a sign.

15 MINUTE WAIT OBLIGATORY

Curiosity shot up. Posted on the door a sign read. COVID INOCUATIONS DROP IN NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED. FREE. NO COST.

1800 hours not a person to be seen.

Wish I hadn't got the Chinese jab.

WalMart Saturn Blvd Imperial Beach CA.
Near San Diego.

That's now the case in most counties.

Not a few are even pro-actively giving "house calls". Others are creating vaccination sites in high traffic areas.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 10:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Alert!

There is a reported scam in buying and selling vaccination cards.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The scams are old news. They started months ago. Just get a shot-no need to buy a card!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.