RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/23/21 12:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

And correlation is not causation.

Absolutely.

Got my second dose of Moderna this morning. So far only a slight headache (which may have been caused by the boondoggle of getting the shot!) and oddly, achy elbows. Got them after the first shirt but passed it off to something else. Other than that so far so good knock on wood!

Wishing everything goes well for you. The next 24 hours is most crucial if the kick-of-the-mule (by a frontliner doctor on his 2nd dose) will ever hit.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Crowe wrote:

And correlation is not causation.

Absolutely.

Got my second dose of Moderna this morning. So far only a slight headache (which may have been caused by the boondoggle of getting the shot!) and oddly, achy elbows. Got them after the first shirt but passed it off to something else. Other than that so far so good knock on wood!

Wishing everything goes well for you. The next 24 hours is most crucial if the kick-of-the-mule (by a frontliner doctor on his 2nd dose) will ever hit.

Knock-on-wood no kick yet! Same minor issues as first shot-slight headache (which could have been allergies), sore arm (but not anywhere near as bad as first shot) and some aches in the joints, most noticeably in my elbows, same as last time. Not enough to slow me down, though dagnabit! No excuse to not start the laundry!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

.... No excuse to not start the laundry!

LOL, I'll take that and dishes anytime than our restless sleeps, nightmares and delirium.

* This post was edited 03/24/21 10:56am by Yosemite Sam1 *

Campinghoss@51

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get my second shot tomorrow and the wife Friday. Our primary doctor told us to take a Allegra and 650 mg of Tylenol about two hours prior to getting the shot. He said that would really help IF we were to develop any reactions.

I will let you know how things go for us.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinghoss@51 wrote:

I get my second shot tomorrow and the wife Friday. Our primary doctor told us to take a Allegra and 650 mg of Tylenol about two hours prior to getting the shot. He said that would really help IF we were to develop any reactions.

I will let you know how things go for us.

Your primary doctor is incorrect: https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-........e-a-painkiller-before-your-covid-vaccine

covetsthesun

missouri

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every talking head and Covid expert out there is saying DO NOT take these meds before vaxing!! It could reduce the effectiveness of the vax!

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/21 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The recommendations against taking Tylenol before vaccination is all about the unknown (not yet tested) effects.

CDC wrote:

Management of post-COVID-19-vaccination symptoms

For all currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines, antipyretic or analgesic medications (e.g., acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can be taken for the treatment of post-vaccination local or systemic symptoms, if medically appropriate. However, routine prophylactic administration of these medications for the purpose of preventing post-vaccination symptoms is not currently recommended, because information on the impact of such use on COVID-19 vaccine-induced antibody responses is not yet available.

CDC: Covid-19 Vaccines

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

The recommendations against taking Tylenol before vaccination is all about the unknown (not yet tested) effects.

CDC wrote:

Management of post-COVID-19-vaccination symptoms

For all currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines, antipyretic or analgesic medications (e.g., acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can be taken for the treatment of post-vaccination local or systemic symptoms, if medically appropriate. However, routine prophylactic administration of these medications for the purpose of preventing post-vaccination symptoms is not currently recommended, because information on the impact of such use on COVID-19 vaccine-induced antibody responses is not yet available.

CDC: Covid-19 Vaccines

We took ours after, and the PM variant. But no effect -- except maybe the excessive sleepiness as I tried to fight falling asleep to prevent the nightmares. Usually I can do it by just reading. But in this situation, I wasn't able.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vaccination card

One more about vaccination card/passport.

Makes sense to have one when we travel -- and a good way to avoid a 7 to 14-day quarantine that a country can suddenly impose.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/21 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Vaccination card

One more about vaccination card/passport.

Makes sense to have one when we travel -- and a good way to avoid a 7 to 14-day quarantine that a country can suddenly impose.

Take a picture with your phone. That way you have it all the time. the CDC VAMS website will give you a certificate. The NH state website does as well. If you registered on a state website I'd advise checking to see what they have for documentation.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 36  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Moderna vaccine (Personal experiences)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.