RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Texsinbad

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First of all, I know that a lot of people think that ESP's are a waste of money and not worth it, BUT, I am not handy or mechanically minded. Whenever I have ever tried to do something in the past, I made it worse or broke something.

Besides that, I am a Newbie who will be picking up a new Rockwood 2205S in a few weeks.

I just received a quote from the Good Sam ESP for 6 years for $1313 with $300 deductible. That works out to be about $219 a year or $19 a month. At that price, it would give me peace of mind in case of a major problem.

That said, I was wondering which company might be best for an ESP?

Thanks

nickthehunter

Southgate, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read it before you sign. There may be things like $100 inspections (as an example) you may have to have done yearly or the warranty won’t provide coverage. Just read it first, completely, so you can be fully aware of whats covered, what’s not, and your responsibilities.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 and they don,t come running when some thing doesn,t work. most times its not covered. find a rv mobil service in your area .better than a esp.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 07:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey folks. The OP is a new member. Please address his question and don't give him the usual snarky jazz that y'all give the senior members.

Thank you.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They may very well be a good thing for a newbie with no or very little mechanical ability,and if the price and peace of mind would make your entry to the RV life easier then I would say go for it.

My suggestion would be to just do your research and then make up your mind This Google Search has a lot of information that may be helpful,read as many articles as you can.

My only experience with one was not good because of the"small print"and as a newbie at the time it seemed like a good idea,it just did not work out. I think that you will have to make up your own mind about it.

Good Luck!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the Good Sam Extended Service Plane fro a Motorhome and so far I am happy with it.

Read the information carefully for what is and is not covered and the required maintenance requirements.

JimR

winnietrey

seattle

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/21 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

you might ask your dealer which one, they find to be the easiest to work with

haste maker

alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/21 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimR 1 wrote:

I have the Good Sam Extended Service Plane fro a Motorhome and so far I am happy with it.

Read the information carefully for what is and is not covered and the required maintenance requirements.

JimR

Have you ever had to use it? If so was there any problems?...I maybe looking for one in the future..

Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

craig7h

Branson MO area

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/21 04:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had GSESP for many years on all of my different rigs. I had my 5th wheel and tow truck covered and I am glad I did. GSESP covered ALL of the steering components on both sides of my truck, well over 2,000.

I would still have GSESP on my current coach but because of the age 07 the cost of ESP was way to high.

Now the garage did have to get the ok to do the work, I believe GS had someone come out to check if needed to be done. I understand why this needed to be done. It seems there are folks out there who would take advantage of the system, do you believe that!

Yes they may not cover stuff but then so do a lot of house ins. policies auto polices, even warranty policies. Just know what is covered and whats not.

I like GSESP because they do not require you to go to a certain place to get the work done. I.E. if you are traveling and something happens your taken care of.

Good Luck safe travels

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

southernsky

Ponchatoula La.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/21 04:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use Wholesale Warranties.

2019 Ram 3500 Laramie DRW Crew Cab 6.7 H.O. CTD 4X4
2016 Grand Design Solitude 369RL 5th Airborne

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Best Company for Extended Service Plan (ESP)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.