|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> camping outlook 2021

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
fla-gypsy

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FL state parks are booked up for the foreseeable future. Being an open state has impacted availability for a lot of parks

This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

FL state parks are booked up for the foreseeable future. Being an open state has impacted availability for a lot of parks

Florida State parks are almost always booked solid, especially those near a coast. Nothing new there. They haven't been ranked number one in that nation for no reason

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Timeking

Florida USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 03:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Uh, kinda gone off topic here. Question was how camping may have changed due to influx of newbie RV-ers, the unemployed, and Covid.

Yes, Florida Parks like Gamble Rogers are booked solid (duh) and have been for years, others in the State in the past not so much, especially during the week.

However, back to the main question being posed: How has it changed? COE parks, NSP parks? BLM areas filled with desperadoes dumping sewage on the ground?

It seems that our plans to sell this house and go fulltime for a few years may have changed due to Covid and the lack of centralized response to control disease. I mean, why in the hell did we have a CDC filled with medical experts on the federal salary and not have let them drive the train? We figure that our situation now is relegated to staying in RV parks, crammed together, for the FHP needed to reduce exposure having to use the showers and dump station.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have seen a few reports of people trashing FS camps in one case. But when I look at the location they are always near a city, Phoenix in that example.

Once again we saw no overcrowding in the heartland free states. We did end up in an overflow area in our one night in New Mexico right at Raton Pass. Very hostile park workers too. My hypothesis is that this over crowding is concentrated in:
1) States that closed State Park camping
2) Limited private park camping, I hear NM allows only 40% occupancy for example.

So those places have created their own problems. I saw one state claiming that they were closing state park camping because of limited funds. Probably caused by having no income from those campgrounds.

Here is our path so you can see where we were:
Summer 2020 trip

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> camping outlook 2021
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.