|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> camping outlook 2021

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here in Northwest PA we have noticed a huge difference at our state parks. All last summer the parks were full. When we went camping in the fall we had a hard time getting in even on week days.

We are thinking that a lot of the folks who are able to work remotely (and kids schooling remotely) now are doing it wherever they want - even at campgrounds. [emoticon]

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/21 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some interesting posts in this thread. Myrtle Beach had tons of space in commercial parks and we have been to Piegeon Forge twice on a weeks notice. I have been up through WV, central PA, MD, VA, SC, and FL in the past year and not once failed to find a camp ground. Only one I saw close to full was Winchester, VA. Heading back down to FL in a couple of weeks. I try not to make it complicated. Did see a full rest area near West Palm Beach first FL trip but the next one was empty. We have been out a lot in the last year mostly in the SE, some restrictions but not much. I have got both my Covid shots!

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/21 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

Here in Northwest PA we have noticed a huge difference at our state parks. All last summer the parks were full. When we went camping in the fall we had a hard time getting in even on week days.

We are thinking that a lot of the folks who are able to work remotely (and kids schooling remotely) now are doing it wherever they want - even at campgrounds. [emoticon]

I'm hoping with talk of kids going back to school that it will ease up in the fall. Of course, grade school has been in full session here with middle school, jr high, and high school only twice a week in person. That will change come March, everyone goes back full time.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/21 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pasusan wrote:

Govt owned parks had some weird stuff because they artificially reduced capacity...most likely as political theater. So if you tried to reserve, you may have found it more difficult.

Most private parks haven't had the same issues. Even parks with pretty tight spots easily allow you to maintain 6ft separation, so no reason to reduce capacity.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Rice

Wandering

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

Govt owned parks had some weird stuff because they artificially reduced capacity...most likely as political theater. So if you tried to reserve, you may have found it more difficult.

Most private parks haven't had the same issues. Even parks with pretty tight spots easily allow you to maintain 6ft separation, so no reason to reduce capacity.

It's possible that the capacity restrictions were not strictly for social distancing, but to lessen the number of people visiting the area in order to reduce the possible strain on local resources such as medical facilities, or on the campgrounds themselves.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

It's possible that the capacity restrictions were not strictly for social distancing, but to lessen the number of people visiting the area in order to reduce the possible strain on local resources such as medical facilities, or on the campgrounds themselves.

That makes no sense the number of people travelling is way down so visitor demands on local resources is reduced. There is zero logic behind all of these draconian measures. It's pure power grabbing. NM BTW has reduced private park capacity to 40% from the last thing I heard.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

justinhscott

Cape Cod

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mass State Parks all seem to book up really quick. We’re the dreaded “weekend warriors” and we’ve already booked 7 weekends at various private campgrounds. I’m usually pretty happy if I only have to pay $60/night..

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coastal CA and the likes of Yosemite and Sequoia have been booked solid since the 1960s. Nothing new around here to find overcrowding and limited space.

Must say DVNP was very pleasant this past week.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 09:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had good luck getting spots at our AZ State Parks mostly due to the lack of Canadians and to a change in policy allowing 14 days max.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

Z71K9

Johnstown, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 11:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most state parks in PA are booked full every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> camping outlook 2021
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.