RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Thor taking Tiffin ???

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Thor taking Tiffin ???

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

wildtoad wrote:

You would think that at some point Thor will reduce the number of brands and models they have to deal with considering all the associated costs. I suspect some long term contracts with their dealers are preventing the consolidation. Makes no sense for Winnebago for example to produce seemingly identical products such as Vista/Sunstar.

I would guess Entegra, Jayco, etc are all produced on the same line with different stickers - maybe different Caps and things to "separate" them aesthetically.

WRONG[emoticon] Jayco builds motorized and Towables and Entegra builds their various models in separate plants, but ON the same campus in Middlebury. The only "same" production line is for the higher line Entegra Class C's that as of 2 years ago were built on the same line and Plant as the Jayco class C's. They may still build on the same production line as Entegra/Jayco were in the process of building new production plants. They did not have a building for Entegra to build their Class C models at that time. Last, Entegra IS a Jayco line. They purchased the out of business Travel Supreme business records and incorporated that line into the "new" Entegra. Doug

I just found out that Entegra did get their Class C plant built and they now produce their Class C's in that plant. In Middlebury. We used to as a Jayco dealer do warranty work on the Class C Entegra's because the Entegra Local dealer that sold them refused to do the work. BUT, about 4 months ago Entegra told us to NOT do any warranty work as Entegra would not pay us. The customers have to go thru an Entegra dealer for warranty work now

* This post was edited 02/18/21 10:17am by dougrainer *

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thor purchased Tiff about 3 months ago. So far, NOTHING has changed at Tiffin in how Tiffin and dealers operate. Bob Tiffin still has authority to give Authorizations for any repairs that his customers request, out of warranty or in warranty. Doug

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

Dale.Traveling wrote:

Tiffin went to Thor with the idea rather than the other way around. I guess Tiffin made Thor an offer then couldn't refuse. Not sure how having both Tiffin and Entegra under the Thor umbrella will work.

If I understand correctly, a couple years ago Bob Tiffin retired and put his son(s) in charge. As might have been expected, quality and sales dropped off such that Bob apparently felt obligated to come back in. After a while of that, Thor buys Tiffin for a reported $3,000,000 so we can probably read between the lines. I say good for Bob, he earned it with hard work and customer care. Beyond that, caveat emptor for future buyers.

I think you dropped a couple of zeros....$300,000,000.

Al

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FloridaRosebud wrote:

larry cad wrote:

Dale.Traveling wrote:

Tiffin went to Thor with the idea rather than the other way around. I guess Tiffin made Thor an offer then couldn't refuse. Not sure how having both Tiffin and Entegra under the Thor umbrella will work.

If I understand correctly, a couple years ago Bob Tiffin retired and put his son(s) in charge. As might have been expected, quality and sales dropped off such that Bob apparently felt obligated to come back in. After a while of that, Thor buys Tiffin for a reported $3,000,000 so we can probably read between the lines. I say good for Bob, he earned it with hard work and customer care. Beyond that, caveat emptor for future buyers.

I think you dropped a couple of zeros....$300,000,000.

Al

I was thinking $3,000,000 was a little light.

There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Thor taking Tiffin ???
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.