|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Manufacture warranty

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV Service Reviews

Not sure if there is one for Mobile Techs

I just ask the CG Staff for Whos/who....even if not staying there.
CGs in the area know which mobile guy to call

And seeing as how you did the repairs etc on your other RV.....jump in and get that new on (even if new is used)

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are buying new because you expect a warranty that will have a highly trained tech following you around ready to repair anything that goes wrong at a monuments notice...you are in for a bad experience.

At best, it's a minor perk. Warranty work is something dealers do when they don't have anything more profitable to do (including the dealer you bought from). And just about everything is more profitable than warranty work and will take precedence.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/18/21 04:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Generally a dealer will give you a break if you are on the road. Some may expedite your repair but as you know parts can take time to be shipped in. There is no white glove service where everyone has smiles and tells you it will be fixed shortly at no cost. Sometimes you deal with it until you get home for repair. Or you pay and may your own arrangements to attempt reimbursement. Some help more than others.

But honestly there is not as much to a trailer and you may have few to no claims.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/18/21 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I
joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The warranty is only as good as the manufacturer. Remember, things like A/C, Fridge, heaters are covered by those manufactures, not the RV company. I have a Cameo that went out of business, like many others, but any problems I did have, all though few, were covered by the appliance manufactures.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JDsdogs wrote:

Hey All, thanks for the input. It certainly provided food for thought.
I have done all the repairs on our 2000 Motor Home, with the exception the loss of a wheel bearing in Louisville KY. A mobile service took care of us and at a fair price. I could have done that too, except I did not carry the necessary tools to complete the repair. I'm not getting any younger and probably should no longer be doing the heavy stuff anyway.
Leaning hard toward a used unit now.

Has anyone compiled a directory of mobil RV repair services available across the nation? Does Good Sam
have a list of providers that they recommend if you break down?

Yeah, I know. I have more questions than a 4 yr old on a sugar high. :-D

But you sound like the type of person who can handle this, which is good. More capable and knowledgeable than many.

While I/we could buy new for large purchases, I generally subscribe to the buy used theory like you said in your first post.
Now, someone HAS to buy new or there won't be a used rig for you to buy, but there's no danger in that happening....human nature for many to "have" to have new.
It's really a question of both real and perceived "value" combined with a bit of personal quirks, like those that couldn't possibly buy a used RV because someone else slept in the bed or used the toilet, lol.
Either way, my reasons for buying new wouldn't revolve around having a warranty (for a year or maybe 2?). Mostly for reasons Dedmiston said. If it's less time, effort and aggravation to fix a warrantable item myself, I'll fix it myself.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I understand it, despite my Cedar Creek being a FR product, not every FR dealer carries or works on Cedar Creek's. That said, it has not been an issue. I bought my FW about 2 hours away but get it serviced at a local dealer - who is not a Cedar Creek dealer. They sell FR, just not Cedar Creek. Heck they don't even sell FW's. But FR has been fantastic with warranty service and allowing me to take it there. Their communication is quick to respond, they text me, email me, whatever- my preference. We've owned several MH's and now a FW all from different manufacturers. I have NEVER had an issue getting warranty work at a dealership I didn't buy from. As long as that dealer is associated with the manufacturer, never been an issue. I don't get all the doom and gloom. Frankly I think a lot comes down to plain old communication.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Manufacture warranty
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.