|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Humble Apology

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've made some comments recently which were not entirely wholesome, which the moderator rightfully deleted. They didn't reflect my true personality. The only explanation I can give is a change in my thought processes as an after affect of the stroke I suffered. I've also made verbal statements to others which were frankly embarrassing. I will certainly try to reassess any future comments I make. Thank you for understanding.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations, you're human! It happens. Ask me how I know...

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thoughts sometimes run through my brain and out my mouth or fingers before going through the filter and I can't blame anything but myself. It happens.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/21 04:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mr. Ed, thank you. Be safe out there.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

to err is human---owning up shows character!!!!!

Welcome to the club!

Anyone that has read your posts knows what kind of person your are.....

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've noticed other strange things going on in my mind which I know can be caused by stroke. For example, I get over emotional if I'm watching a movie and see a touching scene, more so than the average person would feel. It's kind of embarrassing but I'm by myself so no one else sees me. Yes, the after affects of a stroke can be challenging, but it's good to have survived and to be alive.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/21 05:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a fellow stroke survivor, I applaud the fact you recognize the problem and are working on it. It is one of many after effects some of us have from a stroke that are not immediately obvious. Good luck and happy travels.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/21 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr. ed wrote:

I've noticed other strange things going on in my mind which I know can be caused by stroke. For example, I get over emotional if I'm watching a movie and see a touching scene, more so than the average person would feel. It's kind of embarrassing but I'm by myself so no one else sees me. Yes, the after affects of a stroke can be challenging, but it's good to have survived and to be alive.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

Society has taught us to be ashamed of our emotions and to what end? No one should ever be ashamed of empathy and compassion. Those that ridicule people showing emotions are the ones with the real problem.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/20/21 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You,(and everyone else) should know that you are not alone, I'd love to to be able to take back all the foolish things i've said or done in my life without thinking first.

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/21 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While we're on the subject of strokes, I'd like to make some suggestions that may benefit those who haven't had one yet.

Speaking from experience, I make a strong suggestion to have a heart checkup if you feel any irregularity of beats or sudden decline in physical stamina. These could be signs of atrial fibrillation (aka a-fib), a known cause of stroke. In my case, I didn't feel any abnormal heart rhythm, but noticed I was getting winded when climbing hills while hiking, sometimes only able to go a few steps before resting. I took this to be a normal sign of aging, but now attribute it to a-fib.

I also experienced a mini-stroke. One day, I was in my fifth wheel preparing a cup of tea. When I went to lift the cup up to place it in the microwave with my left hand I had difficulty grabbing the handle. I needed to resort to using my right hand to perform the task. Next thing, I had mental difficulty trying to figure out which buttons to push on the MW, something I had done for years. My left leg was still functioning normally, only the left hand was affected. As I recall, the symptoms seemed to have faded during the day, so I wasn't overly concerned (I should have been). However, I wisely decided next day to go to the local hospital where my diagnosis was, as expected, a mini-stroke. I was put on warfarin (a "blood thinner") and continued on for a while with my regular life. Everything came to a crashing stop when a full stroke finally hit, paralyzing my left side.(happened July 2014 when I was almost 70)

So, the moral of the story is: get yourself checked out if you notice any of the aforementioned symptoms and start using medication to reduce the chance of blood clots. There are better meds available than warfarin, which requires certain diet restrictions. I'm using Eliquis, which is being provided by the VA. No diet restrictions and I've had zero adverse reactions, taking 100mg/day in divided doses.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Humble Apology
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.