|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Info on Casita trailers or Lance 1475

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Durb

NW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/21 09:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harleybullet wrote:

I was hoping that someone on this forum had a Casita that I could just step in and see if we could fit...Long Island NY, Conn, or NJ would be great.

Thinking positive.... Dave & Lila

Try fiberglassrv.com They have an active Casita forum that can answer any question you want.

tibbitts

Norman, OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 09:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't own either model but have been in a 1475. I think everyone is assuming 1475 not 1475s so you might want to clarify that as the s is completely different.

For me the biggest consideration would be the much shorter and narrower dimensions and better aerodynamics of the Casita (which I'd like) vs. the extra 4 inches of interior height in the Lance (which I'd also like.)

Harleybullet

Holbrook, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tibbitts

I really did not know that there were different model numbers, 1475 and 1475s (I assume with the small slide) I like the swivel seats beter then the sofa in the slide but, I will try to see both in Conn. next week in person.

That is why it hard to judge a Casita... you have to go to Tx. which is a haul from NY

Dave

tibbitts

Norman, OK

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harleybullet wrote:

Tibbitts

I really did not know that there were different model numbers, 1475 and 1475s (I assume with the small slide) I like the swivel seats beter then the sofa in the slide but, I will try to see both in Conn. next week in person.

That is why it hard to judge a Casita... you have to go to Tx. which is a haul from NY

Dave

For me I'm not sure just seeing one would help, unless I could rule out the Casita based on bathroom space or something. I would have to live with the Casita or a similar-height trailer for a while to see how I adapted to the height. I went into a stick trailer with same height as the Casita at an RV show and wow, that was annoying. Would I get used to it after a few days or weeks? Maybe. Without those four inches (really just two inches) being an issue, and assuming the bathroom worked to some extent, I would vastly prefer the Casita.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  Small TT's

> Info on Casita trailers or Lance 1475
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.