RV.Net Open Roads Forum: CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

If you want to right the worlds wrongs at great expense and aggravation, buy the house.

If you just want a nice house where you can park your MH in the drive, go elsewhere.

X2!

No truer words have been said!

There ARE plenty of "nice homes" in the entire world that do not have restrictions (in the past, present or future), those are what you want if you want "peace" in your part of the world.

Move on, find a nicer place without the hassles.

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

She has already proven to be a nosy, bad neighbor. If it is not your MH she's complaining about it will be something else. Be glad you found that out before you bought. Move on.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

My question would be, "If there is no HOA, who is she going to complain to?"
And who is going to enforce it?

The "neighbor" that the OP contacted WILL obviously "enforce" the "rules". That basically means that "neighbor" will be a real pain to the OP and I would bet that the OP will have many local Police "visits" in their future.. Even if they have no "legal" means, they most likely will be finding all kinds of things to complain to the Police about even if it doesn't "stick" (too loud of music, too big of a party, ect).

No one is twisting the OPs arm to buy the property, right now they (the OP) HAVE a choice in the matter, once they buy the property the NEIGHBOR has made it clear that THEY (the neighbor)are in charge of the neighborhood..

Bad neighbors are permanent, they never leave, they never go away, OP knows upfront they have at least one bad neighbor.

Lots of properties out there that have no restrictions, may require searching a different area further away.

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Any restrictions on the height of fence you could build between this property and Gladys Kravitz neighbor?

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 07:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

My question would be, "If there is no HOA, who is she going to complain to?"
And who is going to enforce it?

The "neighbor" that the OP contacted WILL obviously "enforce" the "rules". That basically means that "neighbor" will be a real pain to the OP and I would bet that the OP will have many local Police "visits" in their future.. Even if they have no "legal" means, they most likely will be finding all kinds of things to complain to the Police about even if it doesn't "stick" (too loud of music, too big of a party, ect).

No one is twisting the OPs arm to buy the property, right now they (the OP) HAVE a choice in the matter, once they buy the property the NEIGHBOR has made it clear that THEY (the neighbor)are in charge of the neighborhood..

Bad neighbors are permanent, they never leave, they never go away, OP knows upfront they have at least one bad neighbor.

Lots of properties out there that have no restrictions, may require searching a different area further away.

And after about the 3rd baseless call when the Police show up, a request to file harassment charges against the neighbor will put it all to rest.

I agree, I would never live in any development. Especially one with an HOA. But if the property fits the needs, don't let one rotten apple spoil your piece of the apple pie.

P.S. Bad neighbors can be found outside of developments also.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The CC&R does state that there are to be no RVs, trailers, boats or similar item stored on the property.

what part of that is hard to understand? evidently it doesn't say that RVs etc. must be unseen behind a fence,etc. but she is preparing to discredit that argument already. if nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy it, run away from the deal to avoid many years of misery.

bumpy
P.S. reminds me of an old joke where a woman complained to the police that her neighbor walked around his house naked. the police came out and pointed out that if he was naked no body parts were visible. her comment, "well if I move that chair over there and stand on it ..........."

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 08:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you sure it is just a CC&R and also not a deed restriction? If it is a deed restriction the city or county can and will get involved.
You also have to take into account the lady you are worried about has lived there and you are a newcomer. You have no idea what influence she may or may not have over the other neighbors. She may be viewed as a pest or she may have just been chosen by the entire neighborhood to voice their concerns. Someone mentioned most people won't go thru the time and expense to actually try and enforce those covenants, but you have no idea if someone in the neighborhood chases ambulances for a living and would like nothing better than to spread a little of their special joy your way.

Scottiemom

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 08:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

coolmom42 wrote:

My subdivision has subdivision covenants regarding materials of construction, setbacks, outbuildings, mobile homes etc. It does not and has never had a HOA. The covenants were put in place by the subdivision developer and are part of the deed. So the existence of a HOA is not a requirement for restrictions.

One of my neighbors wanted to build a smaller house than the restriction (by only a couple of hundred square feet.) They made a petition and got X number of property owners in the subdivision to sign it. I don't know what entity approved the petition, nor what number of % of homeowners had to sign it. They had to have it processed before the building permit.

I'm sure laws about this sort of thing are highly variable. My advice is to talk to an attorney, and/or the codes enforcement entity. If you do have such a petition, go around to the people with the stuff in their driveways, and their neighbors, and get it signed first.

That neighbor sounds like a PITA and I would not care to live across the street from her.

You are correct about these covenants being instituted at times by the developer and no HOA. Same as in the subdivision where we once had property. I was told if you do something against the covenants and no one complains, you're "probably" okay. But the minute someone complains and can site the covenants, etc. . . different balllgame.

And it doesn't matter how old they are. The original developer had his reasons.

Dale

Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/22/21 08:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Or, after 3 pages of "don't buy the house" responses, research if the CC&Rs are still in effect (regardless of the ability to enforce them with no HOA). And make sure, if expired, that the CC&Rs or this particular restriction is not part of the zoning law.

I wouldn't tank the right deal on the right house until I knew there was an issue. You can get a nosy neighbor anywhere. One could move in the day after you do...

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/21 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

04fxsts wrote:

No way would I buy there. Jim.
X-2 or whatever

2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.