RV.Net Open Roads Forum: CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

Senior Member

Joined: 02/06/2012

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't buy there.

Not worth the costs. And it will be expensive to try to get things changed.

If you win, you will have neighbors who dislike you and feel you have harmed them.


Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT


Gdetrailer

PA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/05/2007

View Profile



Posted: 02/22/21 08:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Gdetrailer wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

My question would be, "If there is no HOA, who is she going to complain to?"
And who is going to enforce it?


The "neighbor" that the OP contacted WILL obviously "enforce" the "rules". That basically means that "neighbor" will be a real pain to the OP and I would bet that the OP will have many local Police "visits" in their future.. Even if they have no "legal" means, they most likely will be finding all kinds of things to complain to the Police about even if it doesn't "stick" (too loud of music, too big of a party, ect).

No one is twisting the OPs arm to buy the property, right now they (the OP) HAVE a choice in the matter, once they buy the property the NEIGHBOR has made it clear that THEY (the neighbor)are in charge of the neighborhood..

Bad neighbors are permanent, they never leave, they never go away, OP knows upfront they have at least one bad neighbor.

Lots of properties out there that have no restrictions, may require searching a different area further away.


And after about the 3rd baseless call when the Police show up, a request to file harassment charges against the neighbor will put it all to rest.

I agree, I would never live in any development. Especially one with an HOA. But if the property fits the needs, don't let one rotten apple spoil your piece of the apple pie.

P.S. Bad neighbors can be found outside of developments also.


Sure, you as the NEWBEE can "play that game" but in reality, if you have a choice upfront, WHY would you put yourself into that spot?

That is dumb to know upfront and then spend your nickles on a property with a KNOWN hassler.

You act like there is no other properties in this world and must have THIS ON..

And yes, you can find rotten apples outside of developments but outside of developments you have more freedom to take care of those bad apples like privacy fences, privacy tree rows or just sheer acreage..

Often time hunting for places outside of developments allows for lower prices upfront, far more privacy, far more lot size..

It is why I chose a property way out in a lesser dense rural location, got the property cheap, have some acreage, zoned agricultural which means I can not only live on the property but I am not restricted in things either.. So, I can have my 26ft TT, my 18ft utility trailer, outside vehicle parking, multiple junk yard dogs barking 24/7, derelict broken down antique vehicles, broken lawnmowers, let the grass grow until it hides the neighbors house and even step out on the back porch and take a wiz and never have any hassles with my neighbors calling the police once.

Sure, I do have to deal with my neighbor across the street with some of their "yard art" and lack of mowing grass (they mowed twice last summer and that was a record for them).. But, at least no one can tell me what I can or can not park in my driveway or yard.. I don't have folks telling me that my grass is too high or they don't like the color of the window treatments on my windows.

I don't subscribe to the idea that one is locked into buying into a neighborhood because of a shortage of homes or land in less dense places.. You just have to open up your search area farther away from your "targeted" high density areas.

Yes, that may mean you will have a 20-30 minute drive to all of the malls, it may mean you are out of all of the big city stuff but so be it if it brings you PEACE while you are at your home every night.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 04/04/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 08:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As to whether the CC&R are enforceable, you are not going to get the answer here. You will have to go to the city and find out who and if any enforcement can and will be done.

bukhrn

Lanexa, Va

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 09:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you tried to contact the 5 other houses with RV's, boat, etc, and asked them how they get away with it and what if any problems have they had, or is it just your neighbor with an attitude.


2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
You can have my RV, when you pry my cold dead fingers from the Steering Wheel

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im just mildly curious. Did OP actually go to the neighbor and say "hey, Im thinking of buying this place, and I have an RV... Do you have a problem with that"?

I guess I assume something like that transpired. Otherwise, why would she even comment or know he has an RV?

Or, OP, did you see the CC&R and then ask the neighbor?

Either way, I guess it's good you found out before you bought the place. With the CC&R written the way you describe, I wouldn't have even gotten to the point of considering it personally.

Mike


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


kmb1966

Las Cruces NM

Senior Member

Joined: 09/18/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 09:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn wrote:

Have you tried to contact the 5 other houses with RV's, boat, etc, and asked them how they get away with it and what if any problems have they had, or is it just your neighbor with an attitude.

Good question. Yes, I have spoken with a few of them. They said that no one has ever complained. However, I am the one that lives directly across the street from the lady that says she doesn't want to look at my RV even if it is behind the fence.

kmb1966

Las Cruces NM

Senior Member

Joined: 09/18/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Im just mildly curious. Did OP actually go to the neighbor and say "hey, Im thinking of buying this place, and I have an RV... Do you have a problem with that"?

I guess I assume something like that transpired. Otherwise, why would she even comment or know he has an RV?

Or, OP, did you see the CC&R and then ask the neighbor?

Either way, I guess it's good you found out before you bought the place. With the CC&R written the way you describe, I wouldn't have even gotten to the point of considering it personally.

Mike

Good question. Yes, we were outside chit-chatting with the neighbor when I casually mentioned having an RV. The CC&R subject never came up, she just said she wishes I could store it somewhere else so that she didn't have to see it from her upstairs window. She never mentioned CC&R's or lawsuit or HOA. But I know I received a copy of the CC&R's but that was after I had already seen several other RV's parked in driveways (not even behind the gates!), some with slides out and plugged in, hooked up. So I assumed it was OK. I suppose I could be a victim of selective enforcement.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 10:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why buy into a fight? Are there no houses without any strings attached?


19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


Gdetrailer

PA

Senior Member

Joined: 01/05/2007

View Profile



Posted: 02/22/21 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kmb1966 wrote:

Walaby wrote:

Im just mildly curious. Did OP actually go to the neighbor and say "hey, Im thinking of buying this place, and I have an RV... Do you have a problem with that"?

I guess I assume something like that transpired. Otherwise, why would she even comment or know he has an RV?

Or, OP, did you see the CC&R and then ask the neighbor?

Either way, I guess it's good you found out before you bought the place. With the CC&R written the way you describe, I wouldn't have even gotten to the point of considering it personally.

Mike

Good question. Yes, we were outside chit-chatting with the neighbor when I casually mentioned having an RV. The CC&R subject never came up, she just said she wishes I could store it somewhere else so that she didn't have to see it from her upstairs window. She never mentioned CC&R's or lawsuit or HOA. But I know I received a copy of the CC&R's but that was after I had already seen several other RV's parked in driveways (not even behind the gates!), some with slides out and plugged in, hooked up. So I assumed it was OK. I suppose I could be a victim of selective enforcement.


At least she did tell you what she thinks.

May or may not be an issue, however, since she did mention she "wishes" you could "store elsewhere" I would take that as a pretty good indication that overall she eventually will not be real happy to view your RV and over time can create hostility..

Not to mention, kind of creepy to me that other folks can look into your backyard but then again, I chose a location that I am surrounded by no close neighbors beside me that can peek into my back yard.. They would have to have a 10 story building to view the lowest part of my backyard from the other side of the road.. Have no neighbors on one side all the way to an road intersection 1/4 mile away and old farm land (much is heavily wooded)on the back of my house and the the neighbor on the other side of my house has a nice log home back a heavily wooded lane (I can't see his house and he can't see mine)..

okhmbldr

oklahoma city

Senior Member

Joined: 01/09/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/22/21 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Once this neighbor finds out what a great neighbor you will be, she'll let it go.
I would take photos of all the other neighborhood offenders. Park your motorhome next to your house. If she complains show her the photos and let her know you will gladly place the motorhome in storage when the other folks do likewise.
Covenants only mean something if there is an enforceable body to take action.
Take her some sticky buns when you move in and play nice. And enjoy your new home.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > CC&R dated 1973 says no RVs, trailers, boats can be stored
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.