RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: 50 Gal Water Tank Mounting

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > 50 Gal Water Tank Mounting

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

Full Member

Joined: 01/05/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/21 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

My 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer has a 50 gallon fresh tank that is supported by two square bars (C channel might be a better description) fastened to the frame via nut and bolt. I drag that trailer through serious back country with lots of major bouncing going on with zero issues.


It's mounted directly to the trailer frame? Meaning the bars go from one side of the trailer to the other? Is there any significant bending from the weight?


2019 34' Minnie Plus Travel Trailer
San Diego, CA


avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

Full Member

Joined: 01/05/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/21 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

OP if you can provide pictures of the tank and existing supports it would be easier for us to describe what you need.


I wish I had thought of that, but I already closed up the bottom cover again. It's super hard to get it screwed back in with the way they chose to screw it in.

TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/21 04:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

avarusbrightfyre wrote:

TurnThePage wrote:

My 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer has a 50 gallon fresh tank that is supported by two square bars (C channel might be a better description) fastened to the frame via nut and bolt. I drag that trailer through serious back country with lots of major bouncing going on with zero issues.


It's mounted directly to the trailer frame? Meaning the bars go from one side of the trailer to the other? Is there any significant bending from the weight?
Yep. Mounted directly to the frame. No bending at all. The bars are pretty stout though. Maybe I can find my way under there to take a pic tonight.


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

Full Member

Joined: 01/05/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/23/21 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:

avarusbrightfyre wrote:

TurnThePage wrote:

My 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer has a 50 gallon fresh tank that is supported by two square bars (C channel might be a better description) fastened to the frame via nut and bolt. I drag that trailer through serious back country with lots of major bouncing going on with zero issues.


It's mounted directly to the trailer frame? Meaning the bars go from one side of the trailer to the other? Is there any significant bending from the weight?
Yep. Mounted directly to the frame. No bending at all. The bars are pretty stout though. Maybe I can find my way under there to take a pic tonight.


I'd appreciate it. I was thinking I'd have to do some cross bracing, but if I can just do straight pieces across the trailer without significant bending, that's pretty easy to put in and take out.

avarusbrightfyre

San Diego

Full Member

Joined: 01/05/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/27/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

avarusbrightfyre wrote:

TurnThePage wrote:

avarusbrightfyre wrote:

TurnThePage wrote:

My 2004 Fleetwood Pioneer has a 50 gallon fresh tank that is supported by two square bars (C channel might be a better description) fastened to the frame via nut and bolt. I drag that trailer through serious back country with lots of major bouncing going on with zero issues.


It's mounted directly to the trailer frame? Meaning the bars go from one side of the trailer to the other? Is there any significant bending from the weight?
Yep. Mounted directly to the frame. No bending at all. The bars are pretty stout though. Maybe I can find my way under there to take a pic tonight.


I'd appreciate it. I was thinking I'd have to do some cross bracing, but if I can just do straight pieces across the trailer without significant bending, that's pretty easy to put in and take out.


What size tubing did you use? I'm assuming you used steel?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

 > 50 Gal Water Tank Mounting
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.