RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Will it be difficult to find a reliable 5er on a 20K budget

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Will it be difficult to find a reliable 5er on a 20K budget

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/21 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ir is a sellers market right now generally speaking however if you are after a more up market model you might be above the scrambling herd.

We bought an up market unit when the market was soft & we also bought at the end of the season when sellers are looking at storage fees with so few buyers around. We were almost three months between first contact & closing the deal meanwhile the seller had dropped his price considerably got no solid bites.

We had only three possible models fitting our buy list & the seller had the top one. A big gamble since this model is extremely rare.

You play the game.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

plumber802

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 03/07/21 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dave H M wrote:

Heck yeah, I think the $5 gas that is coming will change the market.

100% agree. And I also think that in a few years there will be an abundance of used RVs for sale by people who bought because of Covid restrictions.

Andy and Linda, St-Albans, Vermont.
Retired Union Pipe Fitter/Plumber. Former LEO 1994-2004.

Johnnybgood

Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/21 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check out Triple E fifth wheels. They are a true season. They are no longer made but the company us still in buisness. (Leisure vans) and they can get you info on your camper. Call, don’t email.

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/21 02:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hornet28 wrote:

As an adjunct, if a potential buyer wanted to hook up my fifth wheel and tow it to an RV dealer for an inspection I would tell them no. The effect for that type of action would be to talk me down on my price, and impart a huge inconvenience on me, plus take the trailer off the market for a while, let alone liability issues. I would sell it to the next person with the ability to inspect it himself on site and recognize the value that it is. Not worth it for a $20k sale.

I couldn't agree more. If I have something for sale it's not leaving here until paid in full. You can inspect it all you want HERE.
Also when looking if you're serious carry a substantial amount of cash for at least a deposit. A stack of $100 bills in sight can help in negotiations. Be ready to buy while there if it's what you want. The last 2 I bought, from individuals, took a couple hours or better. Checking it over and negotiating can take a while. A few years ago I was about a 100 mi from home looking at one. Made the deal, paid them and waited for them to unload all their personal items then pulled it home. If you see it and want it don't hesitate buy it. Used trailers are like used cars, no two are the same

Depending on bad you want to sell your RV rig, I would hire a mobile RV mechanic to inspect your rig at your place. If your rig has any major repair issues, you really can not expect a buyer not to want to negotiate the price if you want to sell.

hornet28

Muskegon Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/08/21 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I price expecting to negotiate, it's part of buying and selling. Maybe it's just me but if a buyer doesn't attempt to negotiate sometimes I figure I made a mistake and should have priced it higher

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leak test. Money well-spent.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Will it be difficult to find a reliable 5er on a 20K budget
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.