|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Visible Wireless Feedback

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just started using the service and so far so good...

I would like to hear from others about how they are finding the service to work?
What equipment are you using in your RV with the Visible?
What kind of coverage are you getting?
What devices are you running with Visible?
How are you finding the Visible to work with Streaming?
Any other details you would like to pass on?

Only looking for feedback from current users please. Chuck

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since your service from Visible is acceptable, I’d keep them in the loop.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're using our Visible data service with our main TV, Dish Hopper w/Sling, two FireTVsticks, two laptops, two cell phones, and two tablets. Our Visible SIM is in a Novatel Verizon 7730L Jetpack that supports fifteen connected devices and is connected to one of two MIMO antenna sets. So far in our travels up and down the east coast and currently in Florida, we haven't found any place where we didn't have at least some service. Sometimes it's been marginal for streaming in the weaker signal areas not surprisingly. We do have an alternate service for those times though. Connecting to our directional MIMO antenna pair and peaking the signal helps quite a bit. We've used over 150 GB a month on a number of occasions with no complaints from Visible.

We've been in a Visible "Party Pay" party almost since they introduced the feature, and have never paid more than $25/mo. since joining. Early on we lost a couple of party members, but they were quickly replaced within hours. I can't speak to the Visible customer service since I've never needed it. All in all we've been very pleased with our Visible service and have no intentions of dropping it any time soon.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/21 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Been with Visible since the beginning, no issues,no problems, enjoying the minimal cost....

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/21 08:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch, How long have you been using the SIM in a hotspot? Chuck

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 10:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've only had Visible on an iPhone for a few months, but so far have no complaints. Haven't used much mobile data as it acts as a backup to my primary AT&T mobile router for remote work.

I've read Visible has been cancelling accounts that use the SIM in a different data device such as mobile routers. Maybe the loophole is to use it in a Verizon branded hotspot device?

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

I've only had Visible on an iPhone for a few months, but so far have no complaints. Haven't used much mobile data as it acts as a backup to my primary AT&T mobile router for remote work.

I've read Visible has been cancelling accounts that use the SIM in a different data device such as mobile routers. Maybe the loophole is to use it in a Verizon branded hotspot device?

When I put the IMEI number on the Visable site for my 7730L it said it was not compatable - so how is Dutch using it ??

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
405 Campgrounds,91K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1961 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to set up the Visible service on a compatible phone using the Visible app. If you choose to move it after that you can. But that is in violation of the terms and conditions and some have had the account canceled after doing this. Others are using a travel router to get around the speed limit and one device limit. Chuck

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

Good thought. I know there are some that have been using a mifi with the Visible sim for some time now with no issues. Chuck

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been using the Visible service for a month now alongside a Verizon Mifi with a real unlimited plan that the wife uses for working at home, provided by her employer. The Visible actually has a higher speed than the Verizon service when run through the Ookla speed test. It remains consistently higher no matter what time of the day we run it or what day. Our AT&T plan is all but useless here at or homebase. Chuck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Visible Wireless Feedback
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.