|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Visible Wireless Feedback

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/21 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trying to find out from Visible about data plans for my hot spot. Can't find any contact info any where. How does one go about contacting them?

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/21 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

Trying to find out from Visible about data plans for my hot spot. Can't find any contact info any where. How does one go about contacting them?

Visible only sells an unlimited voice/text/data phone plan, no data plan for hotspots. Some of us have removed the SIM from our Visible phones and installed them in Verizon compatible hotspots with no complaints from Visible so far.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

garmp wrote:

Visible only sells an unlimited voice/text/data phone plan, no data plan for hotspots. Some of us have removed the SIM from our Visible phones and installed them in Verizon compatible hotspots with no complaints from Visible so far.

Some are using the Visible SIM in a hotspot with no problem and others have had their accounts canceled. Using a hotspot other than an approved phone is against their terms and conditions. The only way to contact Visible is through the Chat function on the Visible website. Chuck

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's the concern. Verizon can cancel your Visible account at any time for using a non-approved device. I'm sure I would be flagged for doing so as I'm using a non-Verizon 4G router.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/21 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had Visible for over a year now. Have excellent coverage wherever I go and I also use my phone (Galaxy S8+) as a hotspot while camping out in the boonies. It works great for this. I have also used my phone to stream to my TV which works well.

I just wish I could find some people to join my "Party Pay",like Dutch above, so the cost would go down a bit. It drops $5/person for every person who joins a "Party".

Great deal if you can get three people to join and the cost would only be $25/person/month for unlimited talk, texts, and data.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Dutch_12078

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/02/21 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Instead of trying to fill your own "Party", just go to this Reddit page and join one of the several existing parties listed and enjoy the savings. Now that more than four people can join a party, the risk of losing a member has pretty much been eliminated.

Visible Party Pay

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/21 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch,
I didn't know that you could have more than 4 people in your party. That is great.[emoticon] I used to have my wife in mine but she stopped using her phone altogether so she dropped out.

I joined that link you posted and made a post about my party and already have a new member. Thank you. One thing I noticed is that that site is not too user friendly if you are not used to those types of groups. What happens if you join anothers party and still have your own going?
Barney

Dutch_12078

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/21 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe joining another group will drop you out of the first one, but I have not tried it. I should mention that now they do allow more than four members in a group, but the maximum discounted price is still $25. The advantage to more members of course, is that if one drops out there's still no price change, so the more the merrier.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just joined another group that presently has 33 members and was accepted immediately. I had to leave my own group before I could join another. My own is now done.
Barney

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/21 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those who started their own Visible Party Play group, how is the group managed?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Visible Wireless Feedback
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.