RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: TFT Code for ScanGauge 2 ??

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> TFT Code for ScanGauge 2 ??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
TC&Z

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a new ScanGauge 2. Using the Xgauge feature I can't get a legit reading for the Tx temperature. The literature I have found offers codes with optional 01 at end if doesn't work. Also alternate TXD code, 4th digit swap 0 for the 8. However any of the code combinations I use reads either blank, or a constant 32 which can't be correct. Please suggest a correct code. What I am using is below. I have a 2007 Winnebago W24 with gas Vortec 8.1L engine, 6-speed Allison Tx, GM VPW OBDII protocol.

TXD 6C18F122194001
RXF 046205190640
RXD 3008
MTH 00090005FFD8
NAME TFT

Appreciate your help, thank you...

TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try not using the VPW protpcal and use the CAN protocol. The Allison 6 speed uses CAN (Controller Area Network) protocol and the command goes something like this, 07E2F1221940. This breaks down to 07E2 = command to the TCM, F122 = mode and 1940 = transmission PID code. The key to this is 07E2 part... and what the TCM returns to that command.

TC&Z

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Try not using the VPW protpcal and use the CAN protocol. The Allison 6 speed uses CAN (Controller Area Network) protocol and the command goes something like this, 07E2F1221940. This breaks down to 07E2 = command to the TCM, F122 = mode and 1940 = transmission PID code. The key to this is 07E2 part... and what the TCM returns to that command.

I appreciate your suggestion, thank you! I tried the 07E2 with and without the added 01 on the end, no luck, was blank. Welcome any other ideas to try... [emoticon]

stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was having difficulty getting my Ford V-10 class C to read the trans temps after trying all the manual suggestions, I called Scan-Gage and they explained what I had missed. That made it work, so might want to just call them.

Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

TC&Z

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stripit wrote:

When I was having difficulty getting my Ford V-10 class C to read the trans temps after trying all the manual suggestions, I called Scan-Gage and they explained what I had missed. That made it work, so might want to just call them.

Bad news, I contacted ScanGauge, see below. Apparently it can report a 5-speed, but not a 6-speed Allison transmission fluid temperature. Thanks anyways...

Quote:

We have been told from other customers that those parameters do not report properly on vehicles with that transmission because the parameters work on a 5-speed Allison, but not the 6-speed. I'm not sure why this is the case, but it seems that it is something with how the manufacturer programmed the ECU/what parameters they included in that vehicle.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> TFT Code for ScanGauge 2 ??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.