|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> The Horrible RV Magazine

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
ImHungry

Smokey Mountains, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 11:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would like to address my remarks to Mr. Marcus Lemonis:

Your motto says that you are not happy unless I am happy. In that case you are a very unhappy man today. I am unhappy because your new RV magazine is TERRIBLE.

First let me say that I am not a novice. I started out in a bare bones pop-top trailer in 1965 and since that time I have continually owned an RV and actively used it at every opportunity. I am not, and have never been, a full timer. I first subscribed to Trailer Life in 1967 – yes, fifty four years ago. During that time I have seen the RV industry grow by leaps and bounds and Trailer Life decrease in quality and quantity, but the magazine hit rock bottom with the change to RV Magazine.

If I want to read about my dog I will buy a magazine called DOG. If I want to read about food I will buy a magazine called FOOD. And if I want to read about travel I will buy a magazine called TRAVEL. When I buy a magazine called RV I expect to see more about RVs than just a proliferation of ads pertaining to RVs. You cannot be everything to everybody so just don’t try.

I renewed my subscription to Trailer Life last year just a few days before your announcement that it was going to change to RV Magazine. I will not be renewing my subscription again unless I see MAJOR changes and I have my doubts that will happen, as I recently received my third copy of RV and it was not a lot better than the first copy.

Lwiddis

Bishop area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 11:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your first post I see. You aren't going to see major changes. Newspapers and magazines are all in serious trouble. They just don't make economic sense or they breakeven. No one is in business to lose money or breakeven. How much do you buy online for less than stores can charge?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow ! My parents taught me to be nice

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
374 Campgrounds,85K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1858 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't expect a response, and don't expect anything to change.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

ImHungry

Smokey Mountains, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Did your parents also teach you to tell the truth?

Lwiddis

Bishop area, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Economically it is probably the best they can do. Also geared to those that are buying new RVs and outfitting them...not us experienced people who have RVs and all the stuff.

You don't see Chevrolet telling me how to fix stuff on my 1500. They want me to bring it in to a dealer for repair. Camping World repairs RVs.

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ImHungry wrote:

I would like to address my remarks to Mr. Marcus Lemonis:

Your motto says that you are not happy unless I am happy. In that case you are a very unhappy man today. I am unhappy because your new RV magazine is TERRIBLE.

First let me say that I am not a novice. I started out in a bare bones pop-top trailer in 1965 and since that time I have continually owned an RV and actively used it at every opportunity. I am not, and have never been, a full timer. I first subscribed to Trailer Life in 1967 – yes, fifty four years ago. During that time I have seen the RV industry grow by leaps and bounds and Trailer Life decrease in quality and quantity, but the magazine hit rock bottom with the change to RV Magazine.

If I want to read about my dog I will buy a magazine called DOG. If I want to read about food I will buy a magazine called FOOD. And if I want to read about travel I will buy a magazine called TRAVEL. When I buy a magazine called RV I expect to see more about RVs than just a proliferation of ads pertaining to RVs. You cannot be everything to everybody so just don’t try.

I renewed my subscription to Trailer Life last year just a few days before your announcement that it was going to change to RV Magazine. I will not be renewing my subscription again unless I see MAJOR changes and I have my doubts that will happen, as I recently received my third copy of RV and it was not a lot better than the first copy.

I'm with you. My subscription runs out in July. I'm in NON-renewal mode unless some DRASTIC changes come forth.

C.B.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

lots2seeinmyrv

Neither Here nor There

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 12:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quite frankly, I agree with the OP.

Very minimal articles about Travel Trailers AND Motorhomes which I thought was the purpose of combining both of these magazines.

Not interested about RECIPES, BEER, DOGS, or PLAYGROUNDS.

I hope it improves. I also thought there would be more pages, not less.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 12:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello ImHungry,

Thank you for your feedback on the New RV magazine.

If you would like to PM me with your membership information I will get your feedback sent over to the correct leadership team for review.

Thank you,

Venesa
Good Sam Customer Care
866-232-8790

camperfamily

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Good Sam Care Team
Why do you need someone's memebership information to pass feedback to the correct leadership team? This is not, and likely won't be the last, that criticism of the magazine is posted in a online forum. Sorry, but there's no reason to PM you with membership information in this care. Shame on you.

2011 Cougar 322QBS
2007 Pilgrim 278BHSS (Sold)
2013 F350 CC LB 6.7
2002 F350 CC LB PS (Retired)
B&W Companion Hitch

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> The Horrible RV Magazine
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.