|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
D and A plus 6

Missouri

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Received a Level Mate Pro, when you level the camper to mount the receiver, would you level it with slides in or out?? I can see either way. My camper will be about a 1/2 low if I level 1st then put slides out??

TUCQUALA

Kennewick, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/21 10:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How have you leveled in the past, with slide out or in??? Use past experience to set up the Level Mate. If you did it before with the slide in, level like before, and when slide is out, recheck the device for difference. You'll get a good feeling for the best setting after a bit of use. Perfect level is almost impossible to achieve if you're a purist!!!

FYI, I level with slide in, with a bit of an offset to accommodate the slide when extended. Also still use bubble levels to verify. And they're not perfect either!!!

'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

Rover_Bill

NE. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/21 10:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I setup mine by physically leveling the TT with the slide out, pulling the slide in, and then setting the level in the Level Mate. The TT will be off level when the Level Mate thinks it's level, but OK after the slide is pulled out.

2015 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 4X4 TowHaul SLE ExtCab Bronze
2016 Keystone Passport GT 2670BH
ReCurve R6 hitch, DirecLink brake controller
2005 Suzuki C50 2006 Suzuki S40

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 08:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It doesn't matter whether the slide(s) is/are in or out when setting up the LevelMatePRO. If the chassis is level when you calibrate the LevelMatePRO, the the chassis will be level when you use the LevelMatePRO to level it whether the slides are in or out. You're not mounting the LevelMatePRO to a slide (I hope).

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Sgeorge

El Cajon, Calif

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The direction say to level the coach with the slideouts out. Then bring them in and set the unit up. I messed mine up by not reading the directions and only leveled the trailer with the slides in, when I extended them I was off by an inch and a half. It was a very obvious I was off level.

2013 Springdale 232SRT
2016 F250 XLT, 6.2, 4.30.

Itakethe5th2011

Moreno Valley, Ca

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The whole reason to use the Level Mate Pro is to help level the RV side to side before you unhook. It will also tell you how much front to back. You can move little back, maybe forward or move little to one side to find a better level spot . It tells you how much leveling blocks need to level RV. You don't do this with your slide out. Once level and unhooked you put out your slide.

Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 10:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Itakethe5th2011 wrote:

The whole reason to use the Level Mate Pro is to help level the RV side to side before you unhook. It will also tell you how much front to back. You can move little back, maybe forward or move little to one side to find a better level spot . It tells you how much leveling blocks need to level RV. You don't do this with your slide out. Once level and unhooked you put out your slide.

X2 My trailer is level and the stabs down before I put the slide out.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/21 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rover_Bill wrote:

I setup mine by physically leveling the TT with the slide out, pulling the slide in, and then setting the level in the Level Mate. The TT will be off level when the Level Mate thinks it's level, but OK after the slide is pulled out.
I don't have one, but this is definitely how I would set it up also.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Rover_Bill

NE. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/21 11:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Second Chance wrote:

It doesn't matter whether the slide(s) is/are in or out when setting up the LevelMatePRO. If the chassis is level when you calibrate the LevelMatePRO, the the chassis will be level when you use the LevelMatePRO to level it whether the slides are in or out. You're not mounting the LevelMatePRO to a slide (I hope).

Rob

Not with my single slideout - it 12' long holding the dinette and couch. I level the TT perfectly with the slide in and after the slide is extended, the TT is 2" out. My LevelMate is mounted to the chassis and I want the chassis to be level AFTER the slide is extended.

Sgeorge

El Cajon, Calif

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/21 11:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys are miss understanding the OP question. He is referring to the initial setting up of the unit, the very first time to be installed. Not the procedure to level the trailer at a camp site.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.