RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Off Roading with the 2021 Bronco

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Off Roading with the 2021 Bronco

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 03/01/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyJ wrote:

and Jeep to be a bit more humble with their prices.


[image]

2021 Can-Am MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR $30,399.00


[image]

2021 Jeep Wrangler from $28,475

The Can Am is the top of the line and the Jeep is the bottom, but I think its the OHVs that are ridiculously priced and not soo much Jeeps.


Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.


specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 03/01/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2021 Ford Bronco Testing in Moab, Utah

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyJ wrote:



I don't expect a full re-birth of the market, as demand is too low. But any challenge would drive Toyota to some innovation, and Jeep to be a bit more humble with their prices.


Alot of truth to that statement. 4 door Wranglers (with the pathetic, oil leaking representation of an engine in the 3.6 V6) command almost as much money as full size SUV like a Tahoe. With good off road capability in case the owner curb checks a wheel in the Starbucks drive thru.
And the 4 Runner, which apparently has no price ceiling due to the iconic name and reputation the old ones earned. (Still a VERY nice vehicle, but c'mon, $50k + price tag on some of them for a mid size suv without anything exotic like a diesel, a V8 or a turbo?)

Ford saw a market opportunity and will likely do well at it.


2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

RoyJ wrote:

and Jeep to be a bit more humble with their prices.


[image]

2021 Can-Am MAVERICK X3 MAX X RS TURBO RR $30,399.00


[image]

2021 Jeep Wrangler from $28,475

The Can Am is the top of the line and the Jeep is the bottom, but I think its the OHVs that are ridiculously priced and not soo much Jeeps.


The SxS argument is a bit worn out. Expensive? Yup, very expensive.
Compared to 2 new top of the line snowmachines or 2 new top of the line quads, it's in line with the market and the 4 seaters can haul your whole family.
If you want to go poking along a trail, doing some off roading, a Jeep is a better value.
But if you want essentially the best combination of Baja 1000/King of Hammers and peel your face off power, you have to pay for it.

I don't have the time or place for one a hot rod SxS yet, but it's on the short list of fun toys to buy when the time comes. They are ridiculously fun and capable. And the suspensions alone are worth the price of admission. You couldn't build one for the same price, likely.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

Got to tear up the trails around Boulder NV with this thing over Xmas. Buddy down there is big into buggies and rails.

3 words....
O M G

200+ hp (it's not stock, he said 230hp I believe, but I don't remember, felt like 400...lol)
Absolutely ridiculous power and handling and suspension. Aside from it's a toy and not a real street vehicle like a jeep, the jeep is like a 1997 Polaris Ranger and this is like a 2020 Ford Raptor!

SweetLou

La Quinta, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

I can't wait to test out one of these new Broncos.

And as always for your viewing entertainment.

Link

If you are near Hurricane UT, keep Matt's Recovery phone number handy


2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie


RoyJ

Vancouver, BC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/19/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:


2021 Jeep Wrangler from $28,475

The Can Am is the top of the line and the Jeep is the bottom, but I think its the OHVs that are ridiculously priced and not soo much Jeeps.


I do agree OHVs are also highly over-priced. But most have very high performance components compared to on-road vehicles, hence why a dirt bike can cost $10k.

To be fair, we need to compare top end Jeeps. Here in Canada a Rubi Gladiator diesel is $80k Cdn on the lot. Why not, they have the market 100% to themselves.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SweetLou wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

I can't wait to test out one of these new Broncos.

And as always for your viewing entertainment.

Link

If you are near Hurricane UT, keep Matt's Recovery phone number handy


Thanks but no thanks... I have everything I need here in Texas. [emoticon]


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/01/21 07:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

[image]

Got to tear up the trails around Boulder NV with this thing over Xmas. Buddy down there is big into buggies and rails.

3 words....
O M G

200+ hp (it's not stock, he said 230hp I believe, but I don't remember, felt like 400...lol)
Absolutely ridiculous power and handling and suspension. Aside from it's a toy and not a real street vehicle like a jeep, the jeep is like a 1997 Polaris Ranger and this is like a 2020 Ford Raptor!


A few years my BIL wanted me to go in with him to purchase a Polaris Ranger Crew for our hunting property and when he told me the crazy price for one of these toys, I suggested we purchase a older Jeep and it would be street legal to boot if we choose to go that route. We used to have a old Willis Jeep but got handed over during a hunting trip poker game and it did the job just fine.

specta

utah

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2001

View Profile



Posted: 03/02/21 01:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:



The SxS argument is a bit worn out. Expensive? Yup, very expensive.
Compared to 2 new top of the line snowmachines or 2 new top of the line quads, it's in line with the market and the 4 seaters can haul your whole family.
If you want to go poking along a trail, doing some off roading, a Jeep is a better value.
But if you want essentially the best combination of Baja 1000/King of Hammers and peel your face off power, you have to pay for it.

I don't have the time or place for one a hot rod SxS yet, but it's on the short list of fun toys to buy when the time comes. They are ridiculously fun and capable. And the suspensions alone are worth the price of admission. You couldn't build one for the same price, likely.


I have zero interest in any SxS, Jeep or Bronco. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 03/02/21 08:34am by specta *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Off Roading with the 2021 Bronco
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.