|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Paperwork

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/21 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will notice I didn't get a ticket, only a warning. The handicap tag location was legal here in NC. Given a few min I would have located all the paper work. Can't deni the speeding. I'll dam sure have it all from now on

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was a Hotshot driver who makes a living delivering RVs and anything under 26,000 pounds. Over 26,000 pounds he needs a CDL license. He is also limited to driving 11 hrs. So, he needs a log book.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

thomas201

Eastern Panhandle WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/21 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back when we pulled the trailers with dinosaurs, and I drove commercial, part of our training was to keep the paperwork: Neat, complete and accurate. So mine for the tow and towed vehicles are in plastic bags in the glove box. The plastic prevents water and coffee damage. Keep them in the same place so you can find them. Police of all kinds like the paper work in order. If we are crossing the border, as others have said the passports, my yellow card and the dog's shot record is also in there. Now I will also add the covid records.

grizz272

frozen tundra, WI

View Profile

Posted: 03/05/21 06:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use to keep the campers paperwork in the camper and the trucks in the truck. I have just recently started keeping everything in the truck. I will need to straighten things out before the season starts though.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/21 04:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomas201 wrote:

Back when we pulled the trailers with dinosaurs, and I drove commercial, part of our training was to keep the paperwork: Neat, complete and accurate. So mine for the tow and towed vehicles are in plastic bags in the glove box. The plastic prevents water and coffee damage. Keep them in the same place so you can find them. Police of all kinds like the paper work in order. If we are crossing the border, as others have said the passports, my yellow card and the dog's shot record is also in there. Now I will also add the covid records.

My commercial rigs, I carried a binder. In the front, a pocket for BIL, and temporary permits. First page was plastic sleeve with copy of DL and med card. Next sleeve, registration, and proof of liability insurance. Annual inspection report. Next was the 2 state blanket permits. Sadie's shot records. Then log pages/daily inspection report for last 10 days. Keep all the paperwork needed on roadside together. Always kept trailer registration in a water tight tube mounted to the trailer. Never had a issue, but didn't want to need it and it is in the other truck. Camper, it is in a envelope taped high up on a compartment door where I can get to it from outside. In the pickup, open glove box door, everything is in that baggie taped to the door. Why need to hunt for it?

Qi Morris

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 07/10/21 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great, thanks! Paperwork is a rather stressful and time-consuming process, and I try to complete and complete all documents as efficiently as possible so that they are in order. I recently read a book by Malcolm Gladwell that I learned about at https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/malcolm-gladwell/ This book helped me understand some of the things that come with hard work and discipline. The book, written by Malcolm Gladwell, introduces the idea that success is more than just hard work. It matters in what era you were born, where or where your ancestors come from. Who are your parents and what are your options

* This post was edited 07/22/21 04:47am by Qi Morris *

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/21 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MarkTwain wrote:

grizz272 wrote:

I always have the registration and insurance card with me for the fifth wheel. What other paperwork do you carry with you, if any? I was watching you tube and a Indiana State trooper did a safety inspection and mentioned he needed a log book as well as a certificate of origin.
I never heard of needing either of those.

Also the wife and I are talking about heading out to Yellowstone this year. What fuel card is good along I90?

I always carry the original bill of sale for my truck and 5th wheel. I was pulled over once in Ariz. by a local cop in a residential neighborhood who wanted to see Registration, insurance card and bill of sale. He said he wanted to run my registration card through their computer system to see if the truck was stolen. The paper registration was taped on the rear window as required by the state of Calif. as I had just bought the truck a week before. My caucasian wife was in the truck with me. I am an Apachie Indian. I asked him why he pulled me over since I had not violated any laws? He said it seemed strange that an "Apache Indian" would own a brand new Dodge truck and be driving in a nice residential neighborhood. I was a high school Principal for the last 20 yrs. in Calif. I left and immediatly went to the local police station and filed a complaint. I never heard back from the Police dept. about my complaint. Thank you Sheriff Arpaio in Maricopa county ([emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]:

Why didn't you contact Whiteriver and alert Tribal leadership? Take it right to Federal level.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 63 Year Member

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Paperwork
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.