RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/21 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob,

You failed to give us a link? * grin *

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/21 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eh ? Know what I mean eh? Link needed.
Max

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 01:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob,

All I can say is WOW! [emoticon]

I made it through the "Evaluation" chapter. The original condition was MUCH MUCH worse than I remember, I knew it was bad, but I did not remember it being that bad.

Very well done on the descriptions and commentary. Once I started reading I could not stop until the chapter was finished. I plan to read one a day and savor it over coffee every morning, just like I used to log in every morning at work to see the latest installment.

Thank you for all the hard work to get this incredible story up and running again. It brings back a lot of memories from that decade.

Hope everyone enjoys the read and the exploratory adventure as much as I am. I love those pics of the old grey Polybutylene Piping and the Blue Romex!

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Bob,

You failed to give us a link? * grin *

Link is in my sig! [emoticon]
RV-Rebuild.com

Yeah, it only shows up once per page. [emoticon]

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SDcampowneroperator wrote:

Eh ? Know what I mean eh? Link needed.
Max

Oh well, we can't all be a genius! [emoticon]
Link posted now. [emoticon]

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 many 2 wrote:

Bob,

All I can say is WOW! [emoticon]

I made it through the "Evaluation" chapter. The original condition was MUCH MUCH worse than I remember, I knew it was bad, but I did not remember it being that bad.

Very well done on the descriptions and commentary. Once I started reading I could not stop until the chapter was finished. I plan to read one a day and savor it over coffee every morning, just like I used to log in every morning at work to see the latest installment.

Thank you for all the hard work to get this incredible story up and running again. It brings back a lot of memories from that decade.

Hope everyone enjoys the read and the exploratory adventure as much as I am. I love those pics of the old grey Polybutylene Piping and the Blue Romex!

Thanks! I knew you'd be back for a visit!
It certainly was a pile of work. I'm happy to have the new site up and running.

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/21 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob, you always amaze me with your tales of trial and tribulation. Now we all see the truth is in the pudding, you couldnt have frozen your socks to an r10 floor, had to be some unit built by someone else.
I did a roof replacement on a 20' '73 Vanguard in'87. Water damage was limited to the center of the roof, same thin 2x2 3/4" arched roof trusses and poor insulation. Snow load that winter in So. Manitoba broke those 2x2s and opened the seams on the lock seamed S panels joining the 4x 8' roofing sheets alowing the caulk to fail and water into the roof.
The roof metal did overlap the siding, so all I had to do was strip the roof to the top of the interior cabinets, then lay in new vinyl coated luan 1/8" plywood, trusses like you did with a crown , also like you crimp and roll the new one piece al. roof bought from nearby triple EEE in Winkler, Mb.,

Unlike you I was out of work ( no pipelining that winter) and was given an indoor paint booth at Franklin Voths J.I. Case equipment dealership in Manitou, Mb. In that time I met with MP Lloyd Axworthy, Mb. Premier Howard Pauley, and other luminaries that have become movers and shakers in CDN politics. Mr. Voth was their behind the camera go to.regardless of party.
Also unlike you, I bought the Vanguard in aug. '79 for $4300 , used it for 8 years, 2 of them full time winter and all, in The Pas, Mb. and in Coronach, Sk. then sold it for $4000 in '89.
The roof, a/c , tires and an awning is all I did.
The lesson to me, is choose the make well, care for it , your cost of ownership will be minimal, enjoyment maximized. resale easy. It helps to have friends with the many skills and a tall building. 3 rigs on since, reasonable depriciation for use since.
Rv ownership is not a money making scheme, with management it doesnt have to cost you your first born or consume you with concern.

* This post was edited 08/23/21 06:47pm by SDcampowneroperator *

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/21 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nice info Max. [emoticon] Didn't know you did a gig in Mb back then.
Always interesting to read about what other members here do.
Thanks for sharing.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/21 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I made it through the "Water Damage" chapter [emoticon]

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/21 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 many 2 wrote:

I made it through the "Water Damage" chapter [emoticon]
Just think, it will take you a fraction of the time to get through it that it took me to write it!
Wasn't that water damage something else? I think they stored it at the bottom of a lake...
I'd have to check, if I can, but I think I started it March 3rd, foolishly thinking I'd have it up and running in April...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.