RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got through the fifth chapter "Walls Rebuild" Great pic of the Grandson!

That was a LOT of work! I especially liked the part that showed "Solid Blocking". I don't know why more people don't think of that.

Half of the way through, while I was reading, I was thinking to myself, "I wonder what kind of hilarious comments Bob's neighbors must have made to him" [emoticon][emoticon][emoticon]

Then at the end of the chapter, you said "I wonder what my neighbors think of me......"

Care to share any responses from your neighbors? It looks like a really nice neighborhood.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/29/21 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was indeed a lot of work. Years later now, I still wonder what possessed me to do it. However, there actually was a deep hidden part of my reasoning that made me get my back up enough to rebuild the old wreck. It's a long story but it involves my now ex-wife and some of her antics. I'll leave it at that.

Being a home renovation contractor, specializing in solariums, and also having first hand experience at building houses, I applied some of the same things to the RV. Backing for things, towel bars, even curtain rods got attention. I even blocked for the TP holder. I hate it when things rip out of the wall.

Glad you liked the grandson pic. I had that same one on my original site.

The neighbors... It is definitely a nice neighborhood, and I got along well with everyone. Some of them expressed amazement at the scope of it all. Many of them would come over and chat about it. I never, not even once had anyone say anything negative. But it really wasn't one of my better decisions to subject them all to that. It was always covered with a white tarp when I was doing the rebuild. No bright blue or orange.

I appreciate your comments and following my work like this. [emoticon]

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great website Bob

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that you are on a roll, is it about time for the "Topic" title to be edited? Maybe a click bait title [emoticon]

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Great website Bob

Thanks [emoticon]

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 many 2 wrote:

Now that you are on a roll, is it about time for the "Topic" title to be edited? Maybe a click bait title [emoticon]
I agree....
Well, I was going to announce it in a new thread linking back to this one, but after a discussion with admin, it appears I am breaking the rules here by putting up my site. I always do my best to respect the rules, and for the life of me I cannot see where I am even remotely contravening anything. I went through the forum rules carefully and I am not crossing anything.
I contacted admin a few months ago regarding linking my site to RV.Net, to make sure I did things within the rules.

I put this site up as a free resource to help other like minded members who may want to consider their own repairs.
There are no ads, I am not selling anything, I gain no monetary advantage in any way here.
It is simply a free educational resource funded 100% by me.
I would love to know what I am advertising....
Sadly, I am not even supposed to talk about my site here.

But I don't make the rules, so I guess I have to leave it alone...[emoticon]
Lets not rock the boat.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHHAAAAT! [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

Then would it be okay for someone other than yourself to present a link to let's say an "interesting site".

This has been done thousands of times here, will they delete all threads that have a link in them. I don't get it..........

I have book marked the link for future reference.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess no one noticed the nice dedication to RV.Net.

"I would like to dedicate this site to all fellow RV enthusiasts, but very specifically to all the wonderful friends on RV.Net.

The RV.Net site has been a wonderful source of inspiration on so many levels since I joined in December 2003. They are My RV Family. When I was so exasperated with the staggering project I got myself into that I wanted to push it into the street and set fire to it, I would go to RV.Net and read many of the rebuild threads and follow them through. It gave me hope and the incentive to forge on, keep going and not quit. One in particular is a motorhome rebuild by Clubmaxx that inspired me more than anything. I read and studied it dozens of times. I wish he was still a member.

I can only hope that the content here will help others in their quest to effect their own repair or rebuild on their RV of choice..

I thank you all."

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I may post a new thread anyways.
I will just be careful to make sure I am within the rules and hope for the best.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/21 03:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, if we look on the bright side, there are several other RV related sites that might appreciate a traffic creating story such as this.

I just noticed that you have included a comment section at the bottom of the home page, that should help make your page self sustaining for years to come.

I will raise one or four in your honor today, CHEERS! [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> RV Rebuild Website - Online soon - Input?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.