RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Tiffin or Fleetwood.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Tiffin or Fleetwood.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Blaster Man

USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/11/21 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get the one with the floor plan you like with good maintenance records. Tiffin makes a luxury coach, but Phaeton is not it, same goes for Fleetwood and Discovery.

2014 American Eagle

Lee_RV

All Over

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/21 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stripit wrote:

Have now owned 2 Tiffin motorhomes, both were fantastic and have enjoyed the last one the most. Calling for questions is always answered correctly and quickly by Tiffin staff.. When I needed a part that too was handled well. When time comes to upgrade, I will look at what THOR did to Tiffin before making that decision.

If they're smart they wont touch it. Keep in mind Thor owns Airstream (and Entegra), so it can work. If I was CEO I'd simply use Thors volume to get better deals on chassis's and any other shared parts and leave Tiffin alone 100%.

I am pretty sure Thor buying Tiffin was directly because people dumped tons of money into their stock due to covid. Same as Winnebago buying Newmar, same thing.

KangaBunnyRoux

SanAntonio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/21 12:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only problem is Tiffin just sold to Thor. They have a reputation for not really caring about quality. Tiffin truly was a cut above but the sons weren't running it as well as Dad, and he came back...fixed it...then sold. They really listened and you could literally call Bob Tiffin and talk to them. I would look for a pre 2010 Tiffin myself.

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/21 08:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I actually owned a tiffin zephyr for 6 years. I was NOT impressed. I won't go into the issues we had other than the roof leaked. Yes, I got Bob on the phone, yes he said bring it to Red Bay. Yes I paid the bill and it still leaked. Yes I keep all of my coaches inside when not being used. After 6 years of this we sold it whole sale for a huge loss. I would look at condition First on both coaches rather than who built it. Go with the one that is in the best shape now.

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Tiffin or Fleetwood.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.