|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tire life

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DReisinger

Jensen Beach, Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 04/30/21 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies, the tire on the other side is fine. There were low pressure valve stems installed when mounted, tires are about 4 years old. Probably did run underinflated

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of all steel cased tires on here, Ribs and Duravis. Another Duravis fan, replaced my 8 year old M895s that are no longer made with Duravis R238s. Had used 303 on the M895s and stored out of the sun the entire time and drove at least monthly. They had lost the last of their rubbery smell at about 7 years so I took that as an end of life indicator also. No cracking or other issues on 6 of the tires. The 7th was the spare that I was rotating with the fronts that developed a very slight sidewall bulge. But that was some time after hitting a ski area sunken drain grate at too high of speed.

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/01/21 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had a few Chinese trailer tires fail before two years. So I'm more cautious of them, but my Crosswind set is actually doing good after two years. They were very cheap at the time, I decided to try them on a lightly used rig. Other Chinese brands that came on my trailers were done by year two, bad cracks and bulges. Had other Chinese trailer tires from Tractor Supply pre mounted go over five years or more though, so who knows why. Same size on my farm flat deck trailer went over 12 years, American made Coopers though. Been running Firestone Transforce LT tires lately and the Cooper / Master-craft brands also in LT, no early failures at all. Been getting better than 10 years on my utility trailers running American made LT tires, they never blow out. Its always my motorcycle hauler or RV trailers that blow tires and do damage!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Tire life
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.