|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wolf Creek 890

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

Yeah, the interior layout looks awesome. Knowing how the tanks are positioned on a similar size AF, I'd say the batteries and hot water location just offset the gray and black tanks. Tanks now in front and batteries and hot water in back. If anything, gray/black tanks near the front, if that's the case, would put more weight forward of the axle when they're full, then 2 batteries do. Bottom line it's a TC, it's heavy, go have fun!
Where's the propane bottles hiding though? I looked at a couple other pics and don't see a propane compartment on either side.
Only drawback, IMO is it has a smaller fresh water tank than comparable AF units. Packing as much fresh water as possible is a priority for me for camping without hookups.

Well, that's the thing. It's no AF. WC's are way off from AFs capacities.

BTW, who drives any long distance with their dump tanks full? I alwaYs run empty. Makes no sense to lug all that disposable weight around.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

billtex

RI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/21 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

Yeah, the interior layout looks awesome. Knowing how the tanks are positioned on a similar size AF, I'd say the batteries and hot water location just offset the gray and black tanks. Tanks now in front and batteries and hot water in back. If anything, gray/black tanks near the front, if that's the case, would put more weight forward of the axle when they're full, then 2 batteries do. Bottom line it's a TC, it's heavy, go have fun!
Where's the propane bottles hiding though? I looked at a couple other pics and don't see a propane compartment on either side.
Only drawback, IMO is it has a smaller fresh water tank than comparable AF units. Packing as much fresh water as possible is a priority for me for camping without hookups.

BTW, who drives any long distance with their dump tanks full? I alwaYs run empty. Makes no sense to lug all that disposable weight around.

We always leave home with the 50 gal fresh H20 full. It’s got to go somewhere! Not unusual it stays with us until we get home. It’s usually all grey and black by that time.

2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

anutami

Ramona

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

billtex wrote:

joeshmoe wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

We always leave home with the 50 gal fresh H20 full. It’s got to go somewhere! Not unusual it stays with us until we get home. It’s usually all grey and black by that time.

Yes I agree, I usually just wait until I get home to dump everything if we are close. #1 I don’t feel like it and I have a cleanout at my house to dump. #2 the insane fees to dump, its not uncommon for campgrounds now to charge outrageous fees to dump a relatively small holding tank (20 gallons) for the full price of a huge 30+ fifth wheel with 75+ . Holding tanks!! I always scratch my head thinking why am I paying the same price as a huge fifth wheel that has at least double if not triple the waste?

[image]

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Helluva view you got there!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 07:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

Gray and black tanks are about the same as AF I think?

Running with stuff in any of the tanks is really situational for me. I don't intentionally shed water, fresh or otherwise for weight reasons.

Either way, they're sharp lookin campers, them Fox Creeks!

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 10:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

specta wrote:

joeshmoe wrote:

The graphics are too much, IMO.

Yep, for me too.

I think they look cool, but, personally, being a purveyor of less than new campers, the more stickers, the less easily sustainable the exterior finish becomes.

Just part of the game though I suppose.

I checked the inside online and it looks like a really nice TC.

The graphics on the vast majority of all new RVs has gone way overboard on being unappealing to me.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/21 10:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

BTW, who drives any long distance with their dump tanks full?

Me. I dump when I get home. I avoid campgrounds like a plague.

Longshore

California

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/21 06:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well when I ordered mine I asked that all the graphics be left off except the WC logo. Since my truck is all white it might go better? That's the hope anyway. It should be delivered any day now.

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Longshore wrote:

Well when I ordered mine I asked that all the graphics be left off except the WC logo. Since my truck is all white it might go better? That's the hope anyway. It should be delivered any day now.

Congrats on you new camper. I would have done the same thing.

[image]

[image]

I'm not much for stickers or graphics on anything.
3 days after buying a new ATV they were gone. [emoticon]

[image]

[image]

Same thing with the stupid 4x4 sticker on my truck. [emoticon]

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/21 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

anutami wrote:

Click below for a walk through of the interior,

Video walk thru clicky

Yeah those graphics are over the top especially the Huge wolf head, but it definitely is unique!! Reminds me of some kind of space ship lol.

Thanks, man. Really digging the layout. Wife loves it, too.

Who knows. Might find our way into one in the next couple years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Wolf Creek 890
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.