RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

BradW wrote:

Fototime was a paid site.
How much?

It was different prices for different levels. I probably had 10,000 photos and 20 videos on fototime. I think that was less than half of the storage I was paying for. I think it was about $35/yr.

And we paid $1,100 for our first house. It was a 1953 house trailer made by Pontiac Coach Company. The roof leaked and the floor had a hole big enough that the cat came and went on his own schedule. Life was good in them days. [emoticon]

* This post was edited 03/19/21 05:30pm by BradW *

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 05:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

I think it was about $35/yr.
Thanks. I've been on ImageEvent for years at roughly the same price.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll give fototime a couple of weeks to come back from the dead or get bought out by someone (both unlikely). After that I'll pick one of the big name sites and start rebuilding what I can of my online albums. It will be relatively easy to rebuild the big albums for vacations, cruises, jeep trips, etc. What will not be possible are all the separate photo links (thousands) in the individual posts I have made over the last 20 yrs.

What surprises me the most is how few complaints I found about fototime shutting their doors. I must have been one of the few people using it. I remember all the crying, whining and gnashing of teeth when photobucket had their problems a few years ago.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/19/21 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

If you are looking for free pictures and document hosting, just setup a GMail account, free version comes with 15GB of online storage and supports hot linking/sharing.

Just setup a folder in the online storage and you can set that folder for sharing without password, now all of the items you place in that folder are shareable and you can generate a hot link for each file or the entire folder.

So far, using Google drive has been the most stable way I have found to share photos and other files that hasn't gone away YET.

Well! How about that one?
I just learned something new.
I have had a Gmail account since its inception, back when you had to have an invite to get an account. And they gave you 10 invites to pass out to other people.
All those years and I did not know until I read this that I could use it that way and hot link to a picture.
I went for years here, and on a photography forum without posting any pics after I took my TT rebuild website down. I used to host my own pics.
I'm going to check it out and figure out how to do it.
Thanks!

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Well! How about that one?
I just learned something new.
I have had a Gmail account since its inception, back when you had to have an invite to get an account. And they gave you 10 invites to pass out to other people.
All those years and I did not know until I read this that I could use it that way and hot link to a picture.
I went for years here, and on a photography forum without posting any pics after I took my TT rebuild website down. I used to host my own pics.
Thanks!
Are you serious??? A gmail account is your entry to all Google apps:
  • mail.google.com
  • photos.google.com
  • drive.google.com
  • contacts.google.com
  • calendar.google.com
  • maps.google.com
  • news.google.com

All good free apps and accessible on all devices.

For Example...

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Thanks!
See if you can display a google image here.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Thanks!
See if you can display a google image here.

See if you can access from my links, here is some PDFs from my Google shared docs folder..

Homemade wire lugs..

Click HERE

My TT Rebuild PDF..

HERE

My 8700W gen sound test video (for those folks thinking the muffler is where the sound comes from)

HERE

If you can open up my PDF and video links, pix files will be no issue..

You do not "need" to use Google pix for sharing pictures either.. Just use the Google drive and set for sharing..

May take a couple of tries to get it working as it isn't 100% obvious on how to do it.. Thought about making a doc to show how it is done but by the time I would get it posted Google would most likely have changed how to set it up..

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, but I mean display it on here sans links. 1492 did it but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2g3ya2X9_fySA-Mmrumc2QMTNWZbaxUmHaOyO

The google photo image link dose not work. The clickable google photo link does work.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Thanks, but I mean display it on here sans links. 1492 did it but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

When you generate the hot link in Google drive, you need to copy the entire shareable URL hot link for that photo to the clipboard.

FOR PICTURES ONLY! Once you have the URL link, you use the advanced posting editor and hit the little yellow square box which looks like a mountain scene with a sun..

Paste the URL you copied from the Google drive there and make sure you set the width and height to no more than the max allowed on the forum (500 Wide by 100 high I believe)..

The trick here is getting your folder on Google drive setup as sharing without password or login required.. Only put items in that folder that you don't mind having shared.

I believe there is a setting for Read only on the folder that you might wish to enable if it is not by default, otherwise those items will be editable and possibly deleted..

You can also create a shareable hotlink to the folder and when you give that link all items in that folder can be viewed (sort of like a "photo album" of sorts but not sorted and no captions).

Been a while since I setup a shared folder so memory is a bit fuzzy and if all else fails, just do a search on how to setup a shared folder on Google drive.. I think that is how I figured it out.

Some of the terminology they use is confusing..

I might also add, to make things easy on my side and so I don't always have to open Google drive to get a link in the future, I create a document in Word or even notepad and paste that link from the clipboard into that document with a note of what that link is for. Save the document and now I have a quick reference of those shared docs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.