RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RV net photo posting link step 1

[image]

Step 2

[image]

Just a note, those photos above I used the Photo hosting app provided by 1492 which automatically adds in proper img formating for the forum not my Google drive, I often will place one and done photos online by using that app..

You can of course save the links generated by the hosting app in a word doc or notepad doc for future needs if you like.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

[image]

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2g3ya2X9_fySA-Mmrumc2QMTNWZbaxUmHaOyO

The google photo image link dose not work. The clickable google photo link does work.

Wants me to verify who I am..

You need to go to advanced settings and adjust the settings to not require login or password.. Default is most likely requiring a login.

Not sure if you get the same screens, I had saved this pix yrs ago, you should see an advanced setting on the bottom left of the box..

[image]

Once you have the access settings set to no password or login required you can then get the shareable URL link.

Should also note, you missed filling in the height when you attempted to post the photo, you will need to fill in both height and width when you use that option.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems pretty complicated.. for now. I put a picture on ImageEvent, I grab the url, paste, done.

* This post was edited 03/20/21 12:32pm by 2oldman *

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Seems pretty complicated.. for now. I put a picture on ImageEvent, I grab the url, paste, done.

For pictures only I typically just use the "PhotoPosting Is Great" app that 1492 setup for the forum..

Never really tried direct pictures from Google drive as most of what I have shared I did in a PDF file.

What I have figured out is Google drive is "anonymizing" (hiding) the actual URL file name so the link does not have the proper jpg or picture file extension that the forum software is expecting..

Not sure if that can be changed..

Example is this link..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-nCvW37Dx7QALJsn_113_NDYREZ8Wkq/view?usp=sharing

The only way I can figure out how to fix that is to make it a clickable link like THIS LINK

From that link it opens up a Google app which opens the photo.

For general pictures that you don't need in some album you can use Rv.net photo posting is great setup by member 1492. You can save the links and copy them into a word doc for future use.

that app adds in the proper format the forum needs so you can just paste into your forum posting.

AsheGuy

Raleigh, North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

[image]

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2g3ya2X9_fySA-Mmrumc2QMTNWZbaxUmHaOyO

The google photo image link dose not work. The clickable google photo link does work.

In spite of the many complicated solutions suggested here for putting a photo in a post, it's not that complicated. The simplest way is to use the RV.NET provided Photo Post & Upload website that properly sizes the photo and provides a link to copy and past here (Example): [image]

The other way is to use the RV.Net link icon [image] at the top of the posting window to link to any photo hosting site to display your photo(s). This example uses a link provided by Google Photos (using Google Drive just complicates the process) to an "Album" with one photo. Example: Sunrise

* This post was edited 03/20/21 01:28pm by AsheGuy *

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like I am the right track..

Read info here

Folks using MS "One Drive" will also experience the same issue..

Acutally good to know, have been planning to stand up a website devoted to my Antique Vehicles and was planning to use Google drive to handle photo storage.. Have a rough website on a thumb drive that is a collaboration between myself and my DD (she needed to build a website for one of her Graphics Arts classes)..

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

I will add, it does "seem complicated" to work things like this out, but as the OP and myself have found out, photo hosting sites DO disappear regardless of being a "paid for site" or a "free site"..

I am glad what you have and use works and it will work great up to the point into the owners decide that they are not making enough money to continue operations, sell out, change the TOS or just plain leave town without a trace and you have no more access to your online photos and all of your links now go nowhere..

That IS the problem with online storage, you don't own the storage facility, equipment or connections, someone else does, someone else foots the bills to keep the servers powered and connected 24/7 and when the cost of operations exceeds their "income" from customers and or ads they face a decision to foot the extra cost, raise prices, restrict/reduce features or just completely shut down and cease operations.

Anyone can startup their own file hosting site, but it takes money to buy or rent equipment and storage space, it costs money for the high speed and the amount of concurrent connections that the ISP will allow, costs money to buy and maintain domain names, costs money to get customers, costs money to service the customers when something goes wrong.

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

Should also note, you missed filling in the height when you attempted to post the photo, you will need to fill in both height and width when you use that option.

You don't have to enter both height and width. You can just enter the width you want and the rv.net software will set the height for you based on the original h/w ratio.

Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

BradW

Mayor of Flat Rock

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 03:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AsheGuy wrote:

In spite of the many complicated solutions suggested here for putting a photo in a post, it's not that complicated. The simplest way is to use the RV.NET provided Photo Post & Upload website that properly sizes the photo and provides a link to copy and past here.

I need an easy solution that works on any forum, not just the rv.net forum.

With fototime, I could just right click on the photo and it copied a link to my clipboard that I could paste anywhere. I could post the image or a link to the image. I could also create albums containing photos for a certain topic, like a vacation and then easily copy and paste the link to the album anywhere.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BradW wrote:

I need an easy solution that works on any forum, not just the rv.net forum.
ImageEvent should do it for you.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.