RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Which of these two trailers tows better

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Which of these two trailers tows better

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
speediq99

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer,

What is involved in setting up the landscape 15g tank. Is this something that can be seemlessly integrated or so you have to stop and pump?

I don't know that they make additional or larger replacement tanks for the 2021 F150 Hybrid yet or at least I have not found it.

Mike

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

speediq99 wrote:

The only caveat with the Hybrid is the gas tank. They lightly mention that even with the Max tow package, it 8s only a 30g tank.

I puzzles me as to why they leave out the tow mirrors with this package.

Many people do not want or like the larger tow mirrors and the added cost.

Had to replace a power scope (power extend and power fold) mirror on our 2013 F250, the Ford OEM replacement mirror cost $1400 and that was with a discount.

Yet another reason why in reality there is not as much price advantage to buying a F150 instead of a F250.. F250, you get towing mirrors by default.

And yes, love the large extendable towing mirrors..

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

In terms of fuel economy, it's pretty much a wash. In terms of handling, I would expect the shorter TT to behave better due to less tail to wag the dog.

Nope, longer the trailer the easier it is to tow with less sway. Had both long and short, know what I'm talking about after 33 years of towing experience.

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

In terms of fuel economy, it's pretty much a wash. In terms of handling, I would expect the shorter TT to behave better due to less tail to wag the dog.

Nope, long trailer less sway, easier, short trailer whip back and forth.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

speediq99 wrote:

Gdetrailer,

What is involved in setting up the landscape 15g tank. Is this something that can be seemlessly integrated or so you have to stop and pump?

I don't know that they make additional or larger replacement tanks for the 2021 F150 Hybrid yet or at least I have not found it.

Mike

Missed your question..

The tank I have is designed to be a gravity flow but since it sits in the bed, gravity doesn't work.. So, I added a aftermarket feul pump rated for gas to it. Since you don't really want to mess with the emissions system I decided to just use the hose and nozzle that came with the tank..

Basically at one of my rest stops when the main tank is low enough to I will transfer the fuel from the landscaper tank. Takes about 10 minutes to transfer 15 gallons.

I was lucky to buy mine after the manufacturer discontinued it for $100, there is a different brand now but the cost is now $180..

Tank looks like this..

[image]

Found HERE

Mounted mine to a couple of 2x6 boards and then bolted that to the bed.. Added a aftermarket auto electric fuel pump and a filter and away we go..

It is actually tough to find gas rated aux fuel tanks and there may be still a aftermarket tank builder that makes larger replacement tanks for trucks but the last time I looked at that option it was something on the order of $1K plus installation.. Can't think of the manufacturer name right now.. Used to see posts about them on FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) forum.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Which of these two trailers tows better
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.