RV.Net Open Roads Forum: IMAGE PHOTO POSTING onto Forum?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> IMAGE PHOTO POSTING onto Forum?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Songbirds

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So, any suggestions where I can learn how to POST pictures to my posted topics?

Read down the main forum posts in OPEN ROADS FORUM and Nothing? Did a few Forum Searches and found nothing?

HELP Please, Thanks In advance...

JUST TESTING trying to POST an IMAGE: just click on the IMAGE Icon in Yellow above. A box opened asking for Link and typed in the link shown here, not sure what happened?

[image]

As you can see I had posted the above same link in the HTML file and again Nothing

Is it something to do with photo sizing?

Another test newer link?
[image]

This time I will TRY a drag and drop an image below? DRAG and Dorp did not work...WoW, man this is SO OLD SCHOOL.

HELP any Suggestions on POSTING IMAGES?

Okay, I did as stated and follow the code BBCODE as you have stated, so I'm thinking don't input size or frame?

Thanks to everyone's shared advice your help worked thanks so much for your help. As I now have it working using the 2-nd link from Imgur...

HELP?

* This post was last edited 03/20/21 05:36pm by Songbirds *   View edit history

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try...

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to have a photo hosting site to send your pics to and then you post the link from that site to your post.

I use imgur.com. it's free.

Oh, I see you are already doing that... Copy the BBCODE link from your image pic.

[image]

Good luck! Mitch
[image]

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hmm.. it looks as if your url isn't correct. When I click it it goes to what looks like an opening page to imgur.

"WoW, man this FORUM is SO OLD SCHOOL ****,"

Yeah, and nobody expects it to get any better.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Use this web app at photoposting.is-great.net. It directly uploads and hosts your photo/graphic using approved process by IMGUR.com, without having to use the home page.

• Just drag-and-drop or 'Select' the photo/graphic you want to use. The app will return a complete [image] URL formatted to the recommended forum dimensions. []

• Copy the returned URL link and paste directly into your forum post. Do not modify it as its ready to use.

• For more photos, just drag-and-drop another photo on top the previous, and the app will return a new forum URL to paste directly into your post.

Songbirds

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YES, as I stated I tried the drag and drop and NOTHING, Thanks but did not work as shown in my post.

2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Songbirds

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/21 02:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150, Funny as you seemed to have gotten it to work?
I'm not sure what I did wrong, I OPENED Imgur and found my BBCODE and saw it was for the forum post. Clicked copy. I then returned to this RV.NET as nothing was showing in Motorhomemagazine.com and then selected RV FORUM, found admin, and noted he was in RV.NET, Okay so I was in the right wrong forum, you tell me? As all of you are showing in RV.net but not in the other forum, I updated all of my stuff when I first returned as so that it all carried over.

Okay, back to the photos Inside inside Imgur I clicked on BBCODE and saw that was in fact for forum usage. Copied link and opened and ICON inside text and nothing. SO above I clicked on the Image ICON as shown above. [image] border="0" alt="[image]"> Okay now I click post.
Here is what the link appears and I noted this a JPG file. And entered no Height or weight haha.

https://i.imgur.com/dYjFC5G.jpg

Now just the link on the page as copied
[img]https://i.imgur.com/dYjFC5G.jpg[/img]

2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Songbirds wrote:

So, any suggestions where I can learn how to POST pictures to my posted topics?
JUST TESTING trying to POST an IMAGE: just click on the IMAGE Icon in Yellow above. A box opened asking for Link and typed in the link shown here, not sure what happened?

[image]

As you can see I had posted the above same link in the HTML file and again Nothing
http://imqur.com/6PSqYFy height=400 width=200

Is it something to do with photo sizing?

HELP?

For one, your direct photo URL link for IMGUR.com is in the wrong format:
  • It should be like this https://i.imgur.com/7Nj9wYJ.jpg
  • Don't use both 'height' and 'width' as the forum will only reference one, then proportionally resize the display of your photo
  • By using the correct IMGUR.com URL, it should then display in a forum post like this

[image]

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Songbirds wrote:

YES, as I stated I tried the drag and drop and NOTHING, Thanks but did not work as shown in my post.

Drag-and-drop your photo where? I'm not referencing IMGUR.com website?

Also, do 'not' use this forum [image] image icon to post the URL photo link if copying BBCode. Just paste the code directly in your post.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/21 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Songbirds wrote:

MitchF150, Funny as you seemed to have gotten it to work?
I'm not sure what I did wrong, I OPENED Imgur and found my BBCODE and saw it was for the forum post. Clicked copy. I then returned to this RV.NET as nothing was showing in Motorhomemagazine.com and then selected RV FORUM, found admin, and noted he was in RV.NET, Okay so I was in the right wrong forum, you tell me? As all of you are showing in RV.net but not in the other forum, I updated all of my stuff when I first returned as so that it all carried over.

Okay, back to the photos Inside inside Imgur I clicked on BBCODE and saw that was in fact for forum usage. Copied link and opened and ICON inside text and nothing. SO above I clicked on the Image ICON as shown above. [image] border="0" alt="[image]"> Okay now I click post.
Here is what the link appears and I noted this a JPG file. And entered no Height or weight haha.

https://i.imgur.com/dYjFC5G.jpg

Now just the link on the page as copied
[img]https://i.imgur.com/dYjFC5G.jpg[/img]

Hi. I just click copy from the BBCODE and then PASTE it to my post. I use CTRL-V keys to paste it on the post. No drag and drop, no path, just paste it.

On your pic, I copied the link and then put the img tags before and after after I pasted it to the post.

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> IMAGE PHOTO POSTING onto Forum?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.