RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Cant find a place to stay near Harrisburg, PA, help!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Cant find a place to stay near Harrisburg, PA, help!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe, if your situation and schedule would permit the time, you could see about being a camp host?

JimBollman

Lost State of Franklin

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magnusfide wrote:

Some good suggestions. I'd do my homework first to see what's available in my price range before spending money parking my rv somewhere.

What I would do is use realtor.com or zillow.com to pick out a couple of candidates to look at. You can make an appointment with the realtor through those websites.

You may want to contact a good realtor in the area to help you look. Houses are not staying on the market long and a brick and mortar realtor will know of houses ahead of Zillow. I have been trying to help my son find a house and several already had offers on them when they showed up on Zillow and several more were gone the first day.

A good realtor may even have suggestion for where you can park your RV.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

State parks and monthly rates generally don't mix. State parks are not designed nor do they cater to long terms stays. Recommending a state park is going down the wrong path from the start.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

magnusfide

On the Road Again and Again and Again...

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/21 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DrewE wrote:

Maybe, if your situation and schedule would permit the time, you could see about being a camp host?

That's a great idea.

"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.
Bacon is the duct tape of the kitchen.
Magnus

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 03/28/21 06:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

Gifford Pinchot state park. Has hookups. Rate is about 23. On lake near Wellsville. Has a real good senior citizen discount.

Unfortunately I think one would find that every single FHU site at GP and every other PA state park is booked solid for every weekend the entire season. PA state parks have a very limited number of FHU sites, most have none at all. It was only in recent years they started converting some to FHU,and it takes them years to upgrade as they use the local maintenence staff to do the upgrades.

johnwalkerpa1

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/21 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

bgum wrote:

Gifford Pinchot state park. Has hookups. Rate is about 23. On lake near Wellsville. Has a real good senior citizen discount.

Unfortunately I think one would find that every single FHU site at GP and every other PA state park is booked solid for every weekend the entire season. PA state parks have a very limited number of FHU sites, most have none at all. It was only in recent years they started converting some to FHU,and it takes them years to upgrade as they use the local maintenence staff to do the upgrades.

I can confirm this is true. I was looking yesterday. You'll find a few one day Tuesday or Wednesday openings but very few.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 02:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

johnwalkerpa1 wrote:

GDS-3950BH wrote:

bgum wrote:

I can confirm this is true. I was looking yesterday. You'll find a few one day Tuesday or Wednesday openings but very few.

He was also just slightly off with the rate stated. $23?

Try $43.25. Plus another $4.00 if its on a weekend, another $5.00 if your not a PA resident, and the $6.50 reservation fee. $58.75. If it's in a designated pet section add another $2.00 if you have a pet or not, $60.75

Now take off the "real good" senior discount of $4.50

* This post was edited 04/03/21 03:49am by GDS-3950BH *

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try this one[emoticon]ttps://www.goodsam.com/campgrounds-rv-parks/pennsylvania/jonestown/jonestown-aok-campground-201519832/

luvmydogs

Ct

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/21 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lol Thanks but AOK is booked. I swear I've tried them all. In the process saw some pretty rough campgrounds.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/21 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stayed in a real nice one up in central PA for a week. It was never full in the week I was there and I had no trouble getting in for a week. Don't remember name of CG but it was in Somerset county I think.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Cant find a place to stay near Harrisburg, PA, help!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.