|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Deleting and Closing A Thread

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Sponsored By:
rocmoc

SouthWest USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/21 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moderna with the second jab in March for both of us. Now we are thinking booster before we head SOB late next winter.

rocmoc n AZ

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

silversand wrote:

gtla9111 wrote:

There already exists an agreement between the three countries, T-MEC although Mexico's president has violated 12 articles of the agreement. The T-MEC is about business, jobs, and economies. Isn't that pretty much what you are referring to in terms of the damage that has been done? So if we would have worked together, locked down hard for a few months we would have been in a condition that was survivable.

Chris:

Only 6 countries and two regions have used something called the (smallpox) virus zero approach, on Earth. This recent strategy is called: COVIDzero. The countries include: China, Taiwan, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, a portion of East Asia, Vietnam, and, drum-roll: Atlantic Canada ! It works to a greater extent. Not completely watertight, however the zero strategy is the strictest virus-containment measure in the human environment known-- with precedent (successful smallpox containment).

"Brazil and Mexico --and India--, leaders chose a third option by virtually doing nothing and letting the virus spread." (cited from: the Canadian news journal, TheTyee, 2021).

Unless all States World-wide sign onto a program as focused and some would say, "draconian" as COVIDzero plan, there is no way to stop an air-borne infectious virus. In fact as strict as COVIDzero is, even COVIDzero practitioners Nova Scotia and Australia, recently, have lost control and are experiencing community spread.

Wasn't that my point? Tonight on PBS they presented the Australian COVIDzero and their success.

Australia's Success

Sad that "all states" didn't sign on to the program brings my point home.

It's not about "us", it's about "me". The Canadian journal hit the nail on the head. MEXICO DID NOTHING. Why? The president didn't:

1) admit the problem was out of hand

2) spend money as it was against his austerity plan

3) have good information about the pandemic

4) care about anything other than the economy and his numbers.

They are just delaying the inevitable. Once these countries leave their bubbles, in a year or two, and join the rest of the world, Covid will do it's thing.

I think it is the height of arrogance to think we humans can stop this virus.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think they should ADD A HAPPY FACE OR A FROWNING ONE SO PEOPLE CAN SEE WHAT THE TRENDS ARE.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Playaboy wrote:

They are just delaying the inevitable. Once these countries leave their bubbles, in a year or two, and join the rest of the world, Covid will do it's thing.

.....I don't believe that anyone in "Public Health" would ever admit that a novel and air-borne virus as wide-spread as "this one" can be halted in its tracks. The strategy is to slow down the "spread" to get the most vulnerable cohort double-vaccinated with vaccine that will prevent "severe Civid", so that they if vaccinated do get infected, don't shut down the emergency care system-- that to the detriment of the World's people needing surgeries, cancer treatments and hundreds of "other" procedures.

The majority employed in the virus containment endeavor would believe that eventually, this virus will be relegated to pockets of persistent endemicity on every continent, rearing its ugly head occasionally, as "it" mutates. The global task would be to test continually for "variants of concern", to inform booster production and deployment to the most vulnerable. This particular virus will be very difficult to stop entirely, unlike smallpox; smallpox was perfectly (ideally) suited to eradication (unlike other viruses).

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Deleting and Closing A Thread
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.