RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Good Deterrent Against Home Burglars

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Good Deterrent Against Home Burglars

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
p220sigman

Tallahassee, FL, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/21 05:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Years ago, a family friend got a dog trained for family protection. They lived pretty far outside of town and the dad was frequently away. He had the dog trained by a professional training group that specialized in protection training. The training process involved several trips to the training facility for the dog for a couple weeks at the time. The dad told us about a pig he saw at the facility. When he asked the trainers about it, they told him that a family had the asked the if they could train the pig. Apparently the family's son was allergic to dogs and had raised the pig since weaning from its mom. Fast forward to a few sessions later, our friend asked the trainer how the pig did. The trainer told him that the pig learned much faster than any dog they had ever trained and was way more aggressive when ordered to attack. I would not have wanted to be in that bite suit.

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/21 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

p220sigman wrote:

Years ago, a family friend got a dog trained for family protection. They lived pretty far outside of town and the dad was frequently away. He had the dog trained by a professional training group that specialized in protection training. The training process involved several trips to the training facility for the dog for a couple weeks at the time. The dad told us about a pig he saw at the facility. When he asked the trainers about it, they told him that a family had the asked the if they could train the pig. Apparently the family's son was allergic to dogs and had raised the pig since weaning from its mom. Fast forward to a few sessions later, our friend asked the trainer how the pig did. The trainer told him that the pig learned much faster than any dog they had ever trained and was way more aggressive when ordered to attack. I would not have wanted to be in that bite suit.

Good story. I guess people prefer dogs since they're easier to keep in the home. I don't know if pigs can be housebroken. Undoubtedly a dog is more cuddly than a pig and you don't mind as much if wants lie on the couch and put its head in your lap while you stroke it. [emoticon]

BTW, I don't own any pets.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/21 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just see little Timmy and Susie asking were piglet is while sitting at the dinner table. Mom says...you just ate him.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/21 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Sign on door HONEY, THE SNAKE IS OUT OF BOX. WATCH IT DOES NOT GO OUT THE DOOR!

There was an episode of Adam 12 where a car got stolen. There was a snake in the trunk. The car was recovered and the thieves off to the graybar. And happy to see the police arrive they were [emoticon]

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Good Deterrent Against Home Burglars
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.