RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Besides Amazon where?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Besides Amazon where?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/12/21 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like Amazon & if’s for whatever reason you need to return something it’s really, really painless & simple... And their choices are Huge!... user friendly website & App...Walmart could use a BUNCH of attention to get me excited... Have used some of the names mentioned,but, Amazon for simplicity, fast delivery, choices, etc...

Rover_Bill

NE. Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/12/21 10:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try RVupgrades.

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/13/21 06:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beware of Ebay for electronics.
I got a great deal on a new Furrion observation camera from a private seller that failed less than a year later. I called Furrion for a warranty replacement and they said "Didn't buy it from a store? Too bad." Seller was no help.
JK

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k
570 watts of Solar

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights
2020- 72 Nights
2021- 100 Nights

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

I do a fair amount of shopping at Ebay, and try to rarely shop at Amazon. Too many other places to buy from: Tweety's, and Etrailer.
Amazon has this really annoying 'last mile' thing in my area where UPS hands stuff off to the USPS. It gets real annoying.

#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman..... We live in a rural area and the USPS in our are is awesome... UPS is also awesome...

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#1Flyboy wrote:

2oldman..... We live in a rural area and the USPS in our are is awesome....
Good, send some of that awesome here.

I have a rural mailbox which is in a stand with many other mailboxes. Included in this setup are several larger boxes where packages too large for the boxes can be placed, leaving a key for that box in the smaller mailbox. That *should* work, but the driver often just ignores that and Amazon tracking says "mailbox full", and driver leaves a slip of paper telling me they'll try again (why?), or go pick it up at the post office yourself. And that's what I have to do. And heaven forbid the mail driver goes another 1/4 mile to my house and drops off the packages.

UPS often hands off pretty large packages to this system, and delivers small ones to my house, depending on the circumstances of the delivery instructions, over which I have no control. That makes no sense.

Want more??

My mail forwarding was scheduled to end 3/31/21, and there was a note taped in my box saying so. A week into April I checked the tracking on a package, and it said it was being forwarded!! What??? So I raced to the PO and just in time was able to retrieve my package, and told them to PLEASE STOP the forwarding. Why it was continuing was a total mystery to me.

So... the USPS in my area is pretty far from awesome.

* This post was edited 04/13/21 11:13am by 2oldman *

s1214

Vt

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had good luck with Adventure RV.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RVupgrades
I bought a bunch of Flair-it fittings and a new plastic cover for my propane cylinders. Did get multiple packages, but no problems.

I've also ordered from Etrailer.com.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 04:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

#1Flyboy wrote:

2oldman..... We live in a rural area and the USPS in our are is awesome....
Good, send some of that awesome here.

I have a rural mailbox which is in a stand with many other mailboxes. Included in this setup are several larger boxes where packages too large for the boxes can be placed, leaving a key for that box in the smaller mailbox. That *should* work, but the driver often just ignores that and Amazon tracking says "mailbox full", and driver leaves a slip of paper telling me they'll try again (why?), or go pick it up at the post office yourself. And that's what I have to do. And heaven forbid the mail driver goes another 1/4 mile to my house and drops off the packages.

UPS often hands off pretty large packages to this system, and delivers small ones to my house, depending on the circumstances of the delivery instructions, over which I have no control. That makes no sense.

Want more??

My mail forwarding was scheduled to end 3/31/21, and there was a note taped in my box saying so. A week into April I checked the tracking on a package, and it said it was being forwarded!! What??? So I raced to the PO and just in time was able to retrieve my package, and told them to PLEASE STOP the forwarding. Why it was continuing was a total mystery to me.

So... the USPS in my area is pretty far from awesome.

Sounds like your local postmaster is the problem. If they are incompetent all the people that work under them learn to be too. Because I've never had that problem I don't know what advice I can give.

Who is the next person up the line in your area ? In my area the local postmasters report to someone in the area office. If there is problem you can't solve locally you go to the area office. I've never had to do that though.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/21 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

Sounds like your local postmaster is the problem.
Could be. As for the last-mile handoff, that's an agreement made by Amazon, so I have to take it up with them. Yeah, good luck on that.

The forwarding, yeah, that's a local issue. I had no idea packages would be forwarded, as if I'd order a package to be sent to my home when I'm not there.

Oh, and another issue just came up today. The water company, who is still in the paper world, called and said my water bill was returned to them marked "undeliverable address." Other peoples' bills were being returned, people who have lived at the same address for years. I asked her to take a phone pic and text it to me, and she did.

I love living here, but sometimes it's like being back in the 60s. Some people actually pay their water bills in person, in cash.

* This post was edited 04/13/21 05:15pm by 2oldman *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Besides Amazon where?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.