|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Can't find my water pump

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
jimcatinmi

michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an 2015 keystone alpine 3010re and I am trying to find the water pump I have taken off the 3 panels 2 under the kitchen sink and 1 in the bathroom and can't find it. I ran the pump and can hear it but I am afraid to run it for too long as I don't want to burn up the pump. It is new to us and we are using it for the first time. I filled the fresh water holding tank and but the water heater bypass to off I have the selector to normal and I can hear the pump but it is pumping water to the faucets. Any help will be greatly appreciated

2021 F250 7.3 Godzilla
2015 Alpine 3010RE
Pullrite superglide 16k

FLY 4 FUN

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would look in your outside hatch, and I bet if you look around the wet bay theres likely a false panel between the nylon wet bay and the pump/hot water tank and valves. If its running then either your hw tank is still filling or you have the valves set wrong and its sucking air possibly through the winterizing tube.

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/21 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most pumps can be run dry for a while, with no fear of damage/burnout. It will be near the fresh water tank, and may be behind a panel best accessed from the pass through. Mine has a square cover, over a hole in the panel in pass through/basement.

Your post is a bit unclear, are you saying it is pumping water to the faucets? If it is, what is wrong, and what are you asking?

Jerry

12th Man Fan

Flower Mound , Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree the post is a little confusing. Just remember the pump has to fill up the water heater before you will have much pressure to the faucets.

the pump is usually close to the back of the water heater.

2014 GMC Duramax 4X4 DRW Crew

2015 DRV Tradition

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would be very surprised if you could hurt the pump by running it. I accidently left mine running in our last 5er for a day and a half before I discovered it. It happened at home and I had no water in the tank. I replaced the pump, and now I still use that pump to transfer water from jugs to my fresh water tank.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was looking for my pump, it was easier to locate it by sound from beneath the RV. When I was inside the RV, it sounded like it was under the sink near the water heater, but after crawling underneath the RV, it was easier to hear that it was actually under the bed (which as it turns out, is where the freshwater tank is). The bed base isn't hinged so it can be opened, if I remove a small under bed drawer I can see the pump, but if I had to service it, I think I'd have to unscrew the bed base to reach it.

Even now that I know where it is, from inside the RV it's hard to tell where it is from sound alone, the sound travels weirdly.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will not burn up the pump by letting it run dry.

jshupe

FT

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine is in the basement, behind a false wall behind the water center. It's the same year Alpine, but a 3730FB. I'd bet on more or less the same location on yours.

2019 Ram 3500 HO/AISIN CCLB DRW Longhorn
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T (follow or TC toad)
2015 Keystone Alpine 3730FB 2925W/22.8kWh, 30K multi-split
2016 Arctic Fox 1140 WB 1800W/11.4kWh

Beverley&Ken

Tottenham,Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have a gravity fresh water fill, not the city water connection if different. The pump should be very close to the fresh water tank, which also close to the fill.
When I winterized my neighbours 5th wheel a few years ago, I had to search for the pump and winterizing line. She told me that she had always put 10 gallons of pink in the fresh water tank and pumped it through. Long story short. City water conection near the front under the bathroom, upper level, Gravity fill in the rear wall, fresh water tank under the floor just in front of the bumper, could't get any further away from kitchen or bathroom. The water pump was on the floor inside an end table between the recliner chairs. When all was quiet, you could hear the pump running. I had to dig through carpet and trim just to remove this end table and access the pump.

Ken

2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

jshupe

FT

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/21 08:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beverley&Ken wrote:

Do you have a gravity fresh water fill, not the city water connection if different. The pump should be very close to the fresh water tank, which also close to the fill.
When I winterized my neighbours 5th wheel a few years ago, I had to search for the pump and winterizing line. She told me that she had always put 10 gallons of pink in the fresh water tank and pumped it through. Long story short. City water conection near the front under the bathroom, upper level, Gravity fill in the rear wall, fresh water tank under the floor just in front of the bumper, could't get any further away from kitchen or bathroom. The water pump was on the floor inside an end table between the recliner chairs. When all was quiet, you could hear the pump running. I had to dig through carpet and trim just to remove this end table and access the pump.

Ken

At least in my Alpine, which is the same year so should be more or less the same, there is no gravity fill and the pump is about 25ft from the fresh tank. Fresh tank is at the very rear, and pump is in the front basement behind the water works and a false wall.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Can't find my water pump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.