RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Significant impact on RVing!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 10:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't even bother with state parks much I have had a RV membership for 20 years and never had a problem getting a spot except on Holidays we have to call 2 months in advance for a spot I learned Early in my RV life that State Parks are not for me Too Noisy and overcrowded and making a Reservation a year in advance NO THANX

2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 11:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Likes to tow wrote:

Because people over 65 are sometimes financially stressed for funds and a little special offer is appreciated. It gets them off the couch and into nature. They have earned a little respect and this is a great way for their nation to show it.

The pass is not a "little" special offer. For $10, you got a lifetime of free access and 1/2 off camping. That's a MAJOR special offer. Some folks have been enjoying the perks of that pass for 20+ years of yearly visits to multiple parks, plus stays at other federal campgrounds.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't take it, but lets face it - that is way beyond the average senior discount offerings out there.

Even now with the higher cost of $80 for the pass, it's still a MAJOR deal. You can recoup that cost in one week's camping trip.

So again, be glad you got that "freebie" - it's one h3ll of a deal.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 11:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

topjimmy wrote:

I don't even bother with state parks much I have had a RV membership for 20 years and never had a problem getting a spot I learned Early in my RV life that State Parks are not for me Too Noisy and overcrowded and making a Reservation a year in advance NO THANX

State parks? Or do you mean National parks?

topjimmy

Washington Coast

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 11:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Either One Thanx for catching that
toedtoes wrote:

topjimmy wrote:

I don't even bother with state parks much I have had a RV membership for 20 years and never had a problem getting a spot I learned Early in my RV life that State Parks are not for me Too Noisy and overcrowded and making a Reservation a year in advance NO THANX

State parks? Or do you mean National parks?

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 11:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just remember, national parks are but a minuscule part of what can be seen and done in our beautiful country. It's not time to give up, but rather time to broaden horizons.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 11:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've seen this overcrowding and even adjusted our annual family camping at Yosemite.

The pollution and destruction inside national parks could have been avoided which was then proposed before to have day visitors park at certain locations and be shuttled by a bus insid and into trailheads of major attractions.

But there was a big howl as Americans, again in the name of freedom, would want to bring their dear cars inside the parks.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy and our national parks are being loved to death (literally, Old Sherman has to be prevented into dying with too much foot traffic stomping the grounds into a concrete).

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 12:16pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In regards to the National Park Pass.....how many seniors over 65 know anything about this pass and those who do know about it, do they really use it much? We've had the pass for several years now and if memory serves me correctly, it's been used twice in many many months of rv'ing and thousands of miles of travel! My guest is that the Senior pass is under used compared to how many are actually entitled to it.

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 12:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should make visits much more enjoyable for every one.

Except for those who “have lost their freedoms”. [emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 12:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hyterics, ranting, theatrics and drama on "loss of freedom" seem fashionable nowadays.[emoticon]

Lwiddis

Near DVNP, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there any number, likes to tow, where...say Yosemite has too many visitors on a particular day so that you would stop new entries until some visitors left?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.