RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Significant impact on RVing!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 04/20/21 05:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

People have been talking about overcrowding at state and national parks seemingly forever.

Now they are trying to do something about it. Actually, there have been a variety of solutions tried over the years, this is just the latest.

I've got no problem with reservations... as long as they are available for everyone.

At some of my local Connecticut state parks, people "work" the system all the time to essentially have campsites virtually all summer in prime spots. Every few years the state parks try to tweak the system to prevent that, but it is almost impossible to get a prime spot if you don't know how to "beat" the people who are working around the system designed to, well, prevent that.

Heck, there are regularly threads in this forum about "working the system" to get better spots at prime times.

If a new reservation system helps to insure more people get a better experience, AND help reduce damage to natural areas, then it will be good.

Just be assured, people will figure out how to work the system to their advantage, and in a few years we will have new forum threads with people complaining about the latest "new" system to prevent people from working the system.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/21 06:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

Just be assured, people will figure out how to work the system to their advantage, and in a few years we will have new forum threads with people complaining about the latest "new" system to prevent people from working the system.

Very early in this thread I called it a game only to be corrected by those that know more than me. I have seen the results of the keyboard jockeys working the system for many years to push ahead of others.

About the crowding; the parks were mostly set up years ago when the population was much smaller but little has been done to increase access.

* This post was edited 04/20/21 03:17pm by Lynnmor *

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 03:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

Never did never will. Im glad you understand my point.

I've never infected anybody with anything. I couldn't even give Mono away. And I've never had covid to infect any one with.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 07:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With the fact that many get covid and never show symptoms ( a symptomatic) one cannot claim with certainty that they never had covid.

2008 Holiday rambler Vacationer XL
340 HP Cummins

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Monaramblee wrote:

With the fact that many get covid and never show symptoms ( a symptomatic) one cannot claim with certainty that they never had covid.

Well you can be pretty sure. Especially if I never got sick, and no one around me ever got sick. Pretty sure I didn't have it.. Closest I got was after the second shot. I ran a fever for several hours.

Reader1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Overcrowding has been a problem for years during peak times, but Covid drove people towards State and National Parks, purchasing tents and RV's. We hoped that those people will miss the "beach" and this will end, and used RV's will show up in droves. This is not political, it is not about our "freedoms" it is about managing crowds.
Before Covid we always went to the huge RV shows and talked LOUDLY about the cost of RV's, how they don't save money, and all the problems that can happen on the road hoping to discourage new people. Joking of course...but we actually did it.

Monaramblee

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 10:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Im starting to think some people dont understand what "A" symptomatic means. It means you can get covid and have no symptoms.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Time for this thread to die.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.