RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Significant impact on RVing!!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 08:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is this the beginning of a significant impact on our lifestyle?? Now there will be limited access to a growing list of National Parks. Watch this new video on the latest restrictions!!!! Yet another freedom gone perhaps. Right now there is no talk of limiting the pass except the actual number of passes available to give out. Later we could see more restrictions on those who would qualify for a pass.

Anyone interested in buying my 5th wheel??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-ZxXpHEN6A

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 08:46am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clicky

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/16/21 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure how this is an impact to "freedom". You are still free to go. Covid has impacted a million things, Camping being one of them. When conventional travel became difficult and more people worked from home, people bought campers. This has impacted just about every park, not just national parks. Due to the influx of people, what would you have the parks do? Too many people ruins the experience and to some extent the park itself, not to mention there just aren't enough sites. If you plan on going, make reservations. Not much different than any place else you might go. If and when things return to normal, lots of folks will sell their campers and things won't be so crowded. Until then, it is what it is. But the sky isn't falling and your freedom isn't being threatened. This isn't personal.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 09:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I won't be playing the game, I just don't need a string of appointments.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 09:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

I won't be playing the game, I just don't need a string of appointments.

Well, that will help the overcrowding ,and allow someone that has not experienced some of these parks . But not sure its a game, its a problem of overcrowding .

I spend a good part of the summer in southwest Montana ,not far from the west gate of Yellowstone Park, took one trip into there last summer to realize we got a problem with these parks, it worst I have ever seen it. I will be staying away until thinks get a bit better .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 09:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Not sure how this is an impact to "freedom". You are still free to go. Covid has impacted a million things, Camping being one of them. When conventional travel became difficult and more people worked from home, people bought campers. This has impacted just about every park, not just national parks. Due to the influx of people, what would you have the parks do? Too many people ruins the experience and to some extent the park itself, not to mention there just aren't enough sites. If you plan on going, make reservations. Not much different than any place else you might go. If and when things return to normal, lots of folks will sell their campers and things won't be so crowded. Until then, it is what it is. But the sky isn't falling and your freedom isn't being threatened. This isn't personal.

Totally agree .

Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 10:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem as I see it is that you will have a time window with which to enter the park according to your pass. Also it would require making your entry pass reservation months in advance. I've always beat the crowds by getting up and starting very early. Now they are going to tell me when I can enter and how long I can stay!! Not the same experience anymore.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 10:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It all sounds reasonable to me. If you're camping in the park, the access fee to drive the road is already included, so no need to do anything extra.

Specific locales are charging a nominal fee to access a particular site (Carlsbad Cavern) or to ride the provided transport (Zion).

The reservation/timed tickets for road access are only applicable during the peak season and offer the option to purchase them 60-90 days in advance or 2 days in advance. This way you can plan way in advance or when you get to the area.

As for the passes, no offense, but that isn't a "freedom" that was a "freebie". Be glad you got that deal for as long as you have. Personally, I never did understand the reasoning for letting people 65 and older pay $10 and get free access and 1/2 off camping for the rest of their lives.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 10:40am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Likes to tow wrote:

The problem as I see it is that you will have a time window with which to enter the park according to your pass. Also it would require making your entry pass reservation months in advance. I've always beat the crowds by getting up and starting very early. Now they are going to tell me when I can enter and how long I can stay!! Not the same experience anymore.

The timed entries are only for specific hours of the day. If you choose to go early like before, no problem.

For example, one park will have time entry from 9 am to 3 pm. So, there is nothing stopping you from driving in at 6 am as usual.

If you DO want to enter between 9 am and 3 pm, you have the option of buying the ticket months in advance OR two days in advance. They will hold back a certain number of tickets to sell two days prior for those who can't or don't want to plan ahead.

I congratulate them for finding a solution that emcompasses the desires of most people.

Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/16/21 10:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

It all sounds reasonable to me. If you're camping in the park, the access fee to drive the road is already included, so no need to do anything extra.

Specific locales are charging a nominal fee to access a particular site (Carlsbad Cavern) or to ride the provided transport (Zion).

The reservation/timed tickets for road access are only applicable during the peak season and offer the option to purchase them 60-90 days in advance or 2 days in advance. This way you can plan way in advance or when you get to the area.

As for the passes, no offense, but that isn't a "freedom" that was a "freebie". Be glad you got that deal for as long as you have. Personally, I never did understand the reasoning for letting people 65 and older pay $10 and get free access and 1/2 off camping for the rest of their lives.

Because people over 65 are sometimes financially stressed for funds and a little special offer is appreciated. It gets them off the couch and into nature. They have earned a little respect and this is a great way for their nation to show it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Significant impact on RVing!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.