|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Obesity in America

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well our McDonalds just built a 2 lane drive thru. Can double the number of obese people. And they no longer sell shakes.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/21 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

BMI or not, it doesn't matter too much. Just use your eyes, don't you know FATNESS when you see it? It's everywhere you go. It's a sickness. Do not deny the science of it either.

I wouldn't quite call it a sickness but more of a human downfall found by makers of garbage food that appeases the taste buds. Make it taste good and people will tend to crave it. Once they fall into that rut, it can be hard to get back to good food. If they took all the sugar, fat and salt out of processed food, it would rot on the shelves.

Riley White

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 12:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

McDonalds is not about body sickness, it's about mental addiction, I agree. The more you try it, the more you want.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Riley White wrote:

McDonalds is not about body sickness, it's about mental addiction, I agree. The more you try it, the more you want.
You must eat at a different McDonald's than I. [emoticon] I've never felt I wanted more.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Cristian123

Phoenix, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The obesity percentage in the USA is twice as many as three decades ago. Approximately 15% of children and teens are overweight. It is essential to monitor nutrition. I've recently read about black lentils https://betterme.world/articles/black-lentils-nutrition/ I'm going to try it. Also, it has to be noted that it is important to make your children eat healthily.

* This post was edited 07/29/22 12:59am by Cristian123 *

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can't remember last time we ate 'fast food' ... we don't do it at home, or camping, or traveling. We always have our truck camper with us even when we go visit the kids / grandkids. We can stop someplace and fix food anytime, and it's healthy and less expensive - especially today's prices.

One more advantage of a TC over some RV types. We can go anywhere, anytime. Not that we would recommend a $20,000 - $30,000 TC to salvage a diet [emoticon] But, it makes it simple to travel long or short distance without the trouble of hooking up or parking anywhere ...

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Fisherman

Angus, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

Can't remember last time we ate 'fast food' ... we don't do it at home, or camping, or traveling. We always have our truck camper with us even when we go visit the kids / grandkids. We can stop someplace and fix food anytime, and it's healthy and less expensive - especially today's prices.

Good for you, I refuse to eat most of the FF garbage too. Then the latest craze of door dash, lets see if we can make people lazier than ever. I'm sure they don't use the healthiest stuff to fill you. Once or twice a year I'll get a small McD fry but that's about it. If the wife wants to go to the restaurant, she goes with her friends I'll stay home.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 07:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Soda is the worst - too much sugar, and even fake sugar is bad ... haven't had that in years either. Mostly water, coffee a couple times a week. Water is the best thing you can drink for hyration and health.

People laugh and say : no matter what you do, none of us is getting out of this alive ... still trying though. [emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/22 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, nothing worse than lying in bed dying of good health. [emoticon]

Like Stephen Wright says: "I intend to live forever. So far, so good".

On the opposing side is Hunter S. Thompson:

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!”

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/29/22 05:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New studies show that oxygen is the leading cause of death. It's a slow killer though, usually taking about 80-90 years. [emoticon]

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Obesity in America
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.