RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Eagle Cap quality control continues to disappoint

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Eagle Cap quality control continues to disappoint

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K.....Look closer at the first picture,there is a screw hole in the pulled out vent then look close at the vent tube that didn't pull out, how it is connected...

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, heater is missing a duct collar to connect hose. They just spin on into the heater hole.
From here it looks like the hose is way too short to connect but the way its ripped appears it once was connected to something.
Possibly another piece, ext or ell? The pics dont give me the impression it left factory like this..
I dont know if duct collars are brand specific (dometic/suburban) but are available.
With no hose seems most of the air would come out that open port.
[image][image]

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

specta wrote:

If you didn't want heat to the bedroom you could always just close the vent.

That is not fully efficient.

Why is closing the vent not "fully efficient"??

Wont it keep the heat from blowing into the bed area??

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AnEv942 wrote:

Yes, heater is missing a duct collar to connect hose. They just spin on into the heater hole.
From here it looks like the hose is way too short to connect but the way its ripped appears it once was connected to something.
Possibly another piece, ext or ell? The pics dont give me the impression it left factory like this..
I dont know if duct collars are brand specific (dometic/suburban) but are available.
With no hose seems most of the air would come out that open port.
[image][image]

I agree! There is plenty of room behind the drawer slide to mount a flange and turn the hose to the rear. Something happened at the dealer I bet. Something stupid. I wonder if the rest of the hose is stuffed up behind the whatever it is in front of it. Also the OP probably had some nice warm undies... [emoticon]

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like pretty simple fix, no?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealer PDI is about worthless unless you watch them do it - just another mow, blow, and go rip-off profit center to steal your moola... That’s not the America I was raised in, but by popular demand things have changed...

3 tons

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/21 11:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sure, could be a simple fix. But there shouldn't need to be any type of fix needed on a new camper. Period.
The problem with saying screw it and just fixing it yourself is that it allows shoddy work to continue and get worse. Thing like this need to be made public and on as many forums as possible. These days, feet have to be shoved right in the flames, it seems, or QC is just going to completely go out the window.

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That application calls for 90 degree flange, but I have seen it on my campers that they rather force the ducting into sharp bends, than install proper fitting.
When the flange screws into hole, it has to be secured with a screw or duct tape. No signs of either.

[image]

moonlitsouls

Everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

this is why i love this forum , plenty of good feedback and lots of people willing to help out. Thanks a lot. I am going to email the photos to the warranty rep at eagle cap , if for nothing else , to bring this to their attention. Im going to go to home depot and try to find the right flange and maybe a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer of some kind to fit the duct somehow into the furnace

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/21 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moonlitsouls wrote:

this is why i love this forum , plenty of good feedback and lots of people willing to help out. Thanks a lot. I am going to email the photos to the warranty rep at eagle cap , if for nothing else , to bring this to their attention. Im going to go to home depot and try to find the right flange and maybe a 4 inch to 2 inch reducer of some kind to fit the duct somehow into the furnace

See what EC says before monkeying with anything. Don't want to give them an excuse to blame you for the issue.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Eagle Cap quality control continues to disappoint
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.