|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> full size corner bed vs queen corner bed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
stripit

Prescott

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 04:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-man wrote:

Conner beds are not my cup of tea! They are really hard to make up, and if your on the inside, hope you can sleep the entire night without waking up!

We made that mistake ONCE, our first travel trailer we kept for exactly 2 outings, and put it up for sale. Never again own a corner bed RV.

Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The units we've had for the last 16 years have all had corner beds. I decided with my move to my new RV that I'd had enough of that - no more corner beds for me. IMO, the extra 6" that a queen would give over the full isn't going to make that much difference for getting out in the middle of the night. You'll still be wrestling with bedding, climbing over your SO, climbing over your SO again to get back in, then wrestling with bedding again to get back under the covers.

FWIW, I never had much trouble making the corner bed. Just started at the back and worked my way down so that I was never kneeling on the bedding that I was working with.

2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/21 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gjac wrote:

Has anyone tried a 2 person sleeping bag that you roll up or just straiten out when you get up in the morning?

Yes. We actually have two sets
Heavy weight , 0 F rated for winter use
Lightweight, 40F rated for summer
Both are zip together systems.
We used a homemade , sewn together set of two top sheets as a bag liner that can easily be washed.

That double bag system was ok but sometimes felt a little bit restricted. We found using sheets and blankets allowed better temp control. We now use merino wool blankets over the top sheets and love them.

You have to unzip your side each time you get up , unless you leave it half zipped. That was how we used ours, then we decided to just go back to sheets and blankets. As i stated in my earlier post, just leave the bed made using the fitted bottom sheet.

Lumpty

Greater Gotham City

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/21 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've got a corner queen, full 60x80. My wife, who can and does if given the opportunity sleeps 12 hours straight, is on the outside wall. Me, who has to get up at least once a night, takes the bathroom side of the bed.

This is a Serta pillow top innerspring mattress that was an option for our year of Sunseeker, and while branded as an RV mattress is pretty much identical to an at-home bed. It's my job to put the mattress pad and fitted bottom sheet on, as that is a wrestling match done kneeling on the middle of the bed, and peeling up the RR corner to get those things started, same he-man action for the corner at the back of the bathroom and rear wall, then get off and do the other two corners at the toe-end of the mattress standing on the floor. For covers, everything is loose and thrown over. We each have different preferences for those when sleeping - she like her feet out and I don't for one, so we've taken to each having our our sheet and/or comforter. While that may be weird, it works for us and I sleep better.

Our floorplan does not have a short closet overhanging the end of the bed. We don't find the bed area at all claustrophobic, and it was the only way to get the needed minimum living area in a short, no-slide, 24' length.

To get out of bed, I just swing my legs up and down quickly, and that inertia scootches me down the bed so my legs can get down to the floor. It might take another move, but nothing hard for getting out the end.

Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

Christian Allison

New Jersy

View Profile

Posted: 04/23/21 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have used the Queen corner bed once. But now I am using ***Link Removed***. Thanks for sharing your words.

Pops

Boone, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/24/21 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a Travel-sac-cover (similar to a double aleeping bag with sheets inside, summer side up, flip for winter side up, works great for making-up a corner bed), now also works great for our walk around bed.
We went from a 27' 1 slide corner bed, to a 30' 2 slide almost walk-around bed. Amazing how much more comfort, space/room we gained in just 3'.

2012 Itasca Cambria 28T

Remmag

Painesville,OH 44077,United States

View Profile

Posted: 04/25/21 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I'm just weird,but I like my corner bed. I think it's the best floor plan for a small (26ft) class C. BTW my wife is 77 and I'm 79.

* This post was last edited 04/29/21 11:32am by Remmag *   View edit history

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/21 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like opinions are mixed. If staying with a 24 ft non slide letting wife have the rear and the man sleeping in the overhead would be an option as Phil does. A rear slide with a queen or a full wall slide with a queen and dinette is another option. Has anyone tried these other two options in a 24 ft MH, if so how did the slide outs work out for you?

Desert Captain

Payson

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My bride went out to the coach this afternoon and remade the bed on our new {full sized - 60 X 80"} queen mattress:

[image]

We are not big people, I'm 5'9"/185# and my bride is 5'1"/115#. We have always slept very comfortably in our coach over the last 7.5 years and will get the chance again in two weeks as we will be having house guests giving them our master bedroom and the back guest bedroom while Jeanne and I sleep in the coach out in the driveway. It's nice to be able to add another bedroom and bath to our smallish 3/2 house.

The bed pic shows the Amish made, solid Maple cabinets nicely as well. Before passing over the Rainbow Bridge our Greyhound rescue used to love to lay on the bed as we cruised enjoying the two large windows. Lots of folks passed and waved usually laughing their butts off.

[emoticon]

Bea PA

Waynesboro, PA, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/09/21 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We downsized to a queen corner bed, use a Travel Sac , just shake it out in the am. I sleep on the curb size and just slide out the end instead of crawling over husband.If you are buying new I would suggest going a little bigger and get a walk around if you plan to do a lot of traveling.

Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> full size corner bed vs queen corner bed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.